TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Des1615 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Des

No! I'm such a failure!!! - April 10th 2012, 12:31 AM

Gah! I am a failure why did I have to cut? I relapsed. I was going so well it has been a month and 3 weeks gah I wish I didn't have to do it, I was feeling so angry and stressed.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: No! I'm such a failure!!! - April 10th 2012, 01:21 AM

Hey there Des,

I know that it may make you feel bad to know that you have relapsed after so long, but in the end you should be proud of what you have accomplished. Yes, PROUD. You had made it a long time without going without the urge. Congratulations on making it so far!

Here are some alternatives you can use when you have the urge to self harm. Of course, not every alternative works for every person but there are loads there that you can use. Just give some of them a shot, keep your hands distracted or go somewhere where you can't self harm (such as with people, it makes it harder to self harm when there are others around). It will be a lot better than self harming in the end. You can even come onto TH and talk to the people on here to distract you.

It would also be a good idea to talk to someone about what is going on. It can be anyone: a close family member or friend, a guidance counselor, a doctor, someone here on TeenHelp, or more. Just give yourself a support system that you can go to when you are starting to feel down so you can vent. You don't have to go through it alone and you don't have to let it build up.

Relapsing does not mean you have failed. You have slipped up, but it isn't permanent. Maybe you can even make a challenge with yourself to go a certain amount of days without self harming, even for just a few days. Feel proud of that accomplishment and then try to go even longer, and then longer than that. You'll be getting a good challenge and have something to be proud of!

I hope this has helped. Stay strong, you can do this!

-Dez

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Des1615 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Des

Re: No! I'm such a failure!!! - April 11th 2012, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez View Post
Hey there Des,

I know that it may make you feel bad to know that you have relapsed after so long, but in the end you should be proud of what you have accomplished. Yes, PROUD. You had made it a long time without going without the urge. Congratulations on making it so far!

Here are some alternatives you can use when you have the urge to self harm. Of course, not every alternative works for every person but there are loads there that you can use. Just give some of them a shot, keep your hands distracted or go somewhere where you can't self harm (such as with people, it makes it harder to self harm when there are others around). It will be a lot better than self harming in the end. You can even come onto TH and talk to the people on here to distract you.

It would also be a good idea to talk to someone about what is going on. It can be anyone: a close family member or friend, a guidance counselor, a doctor, someone here on TeenHelp, or more. Just give yourself a support system that you can go to when you are starting to feel down so you can vent. You don't have to go through it alone and you don't have to let it build up.

Relapsing does not mean you have failed. You have slipped up, but it isn't permanent. Maybe you can even make a challenge with yourself to go a certain amount of days without self harming, even for just a few days. Feel proud of that accomplishment and then try to go even longer, and then longer than that. You'll be getting a good challenge and have something to be proud of!

I hope this has helped. Stay strong, you can do this!

-Dez

Yeah You're right! I should be proud that I went without cutting for that long. thanks this helped and made me feel better than feeling guilty

Closed Thread