TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
siedgirl812 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Did I go too deep? - April 13th 2012, 03:21 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I have been cutting for 4 and 1/2 years. This week, I sat to cut. At first they were really shallow (I'm trying to stop) but I couldn't feel it. There was one were part of it turned bluish purple and then it started bleeding really really bad. After I cleaned it up, I could see these yellowish-white bubble like shapes in part of it. It is about 3/4 to 1 cm wide. I don't know if I cut too deep or not... I'm not sure how to treat it... When I take off the gauze, it starts bleeding again. What should I do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Re: Did I go too deep? - April 13th 2012, 03:27 AM

I'm not an expert on self harm, but it sounds like you cut too deep. Where did you cut yourself? How long have you been bleeding now?

I love my Big Sleepy Bear.
I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Did I go too deep? - April 13th 2012, 03:31 AM

If it's been bleeding for that long then you need to seek medical help. It doesn't sound too good and it's important that you get it either cleaned or stitched to prevent infection.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
siedgirl812 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Did I go too deep? - April 13th 2012, 03:33 AM

this time, it was on my forearm. i did it late tuesday night... i haven't taken the gauze off today... i dont want it to start bleeding again... but i put a bunch of tissues on it right after and it bled through them right away...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Re: Did I go too deep? - April 13th 2012, 03:36 AM

You did this late Tuesday, and it's still bleeding? Listen, you really need to get some medical attention for that. It sounds like you're going to need stitches, and it needs to be sterilized and cleaned.

No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Did I go too deep? - April 13th 2012, 03:36 AM

Hun, I want you to listen very carefully to me, I AM an expert in self harm.

You need to show your parents or some other adult you trust what you've done RIGHT NOW. Go do this, you need immediate medical (and psychiatric) attention.

It's time to stop this behavior, and this is as good a time as any, you now have the reason.

Go!

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Did I go too deep? - April 13th 2012, 03:37 AM

Hey there,

I think it's hard for us to say since we don't really know how bad it is or isn't. However, it's clearly concerning you since you have posted here so it might be good for you to go to hospital or see your nurse at your doctors, just to be safe. It might need steri stripping, gluing, stitches or staples but that all depends and you'd need medical help.

At the end of the day, you have nothing to lise by getting it checked and it will mean you get the cut cleaned well to prevent infection.

I hope this helps, take care,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#8 (permalink)) Old
siedgirl812 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Did I go too deep? - April 13th 2012, 03:44 AM

i'm afraid to go to the doctor or the hospital. I was there in february because of depression, eating disorder, and cutting. I don't want to go back. I can butterfly it for tonight. I see my counselor tomorrow who is a licensed nurse practitioner and a pediatric psychologist... i have thought about letting her look at it, but i am afraid of what she will say...

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Re: Did I go too deep? - April 13th 2012, 03:47 AM

I know you don't want to go to the hospital, but you need to. You're still cutting yourself, and now you've cut so deep that it sounds like you may need stitches. From the way you described it it sounds bad, and it's been bleeding since late Tuesday. You can't just let it bleed like that, it needs to be cleaned so it doesn't get infected, and it probably needs stitches so it will close up. You shouldn't wait, you need to tell someone about this now.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
siedgirl812 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Did I go too deep? - April 13th 2012, 03:49 AM

I'll see what I can do. My aunt works up in the mental ward at our local hospital I will see what she says.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Re: Did I go too deep? - April 13th 2012, 03:52 AM

Well, you need to contact her now. You can't leave that cut open like that. Please get yourself taken care of, okay? And try to find an alternative to cutting; I know it's hard, but there are plenty of alternatives.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Did I go too deep? - April 13th 2012, 03:55 AM

Hun, you asked for an opinion, and you've got it. Please take note that my nick isn't something cute, I really do know about this.

If you saw 'yellow bubbles' that was probably the fat layer, which means you cut very deeply, requiring stitches (and perhaps micro surgery to reattach any cut ligaments/tendons). There's a window of opportunity to do this after injury, the longer you wait the less likely it is to repair.

Go now.

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
siedgirl812 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Did I go too deep? - April 13th 2012, 03:56 AM

though I havent cut since... and it was only one

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Re: Did I go too deep? - April 13th 2012, 04:04 AM

That doesn't matter. What Dr. Bobby is saying is important. He knows what he's talking about. It doesn't matter if you haven't cut since, the fact remains that you cut way too deep and the cut continues to bleed and has yet to be treated. We're telling you this for your own safety. Go to the hospital, now.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
siedgirl812 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Did I go too deep? - April 13th 2012, 04:07 AM

I will get it taken care of... thanks for the advice and concern

Closed Thread