TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
sadheart1994 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kaitlyn

Exclamation HELP ME! - April 13th 2012, 05:48 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I cut too much im afraid for my own life but its like i cant stop. what do i do now? please help me

(#2 (permalink)) Old
2dreamland Offline
Not a n00b

Re: HELP ME! - April 13th 2012, 06:07 PM

Did you cut too deep this time? I did that last week.. If you really can't stop, then don't cut too deep or too often.

PM me if you need anything!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: HELP ME! - April 13th 2012, 06:56 PM

Kaitlyn, the answer to your..and frankly all those who do what you do..is to tell some adult what you've been feeling and what you've been doing to yourself. Let them get you proper medical attention, and then some psychological help so you can stop the urges which cause you to do this.

Cutting is always very serious, regardless of how deep it is...it's the feelings that are the real problem here...and it always requires professional help. If you (or anyone) does this, the solution is to stop this, with the help of a doc.

Tell someone before it's too late...

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: HELP ME! - April 13th 2012, 09:28 PM

Kaitlyn,

Sorry you're feeling like this. You certainly don't deserve to have to life like this. You are beautiful, inside and out, and a wonderful person. You shouldn't have to hurt yourself, and I don't want you to go through this alone.

It's important you get help. Your fear for you life is very valid, and unfortunately it can happen. Cutting is dangerous, although I'm sure you know that. I really hope you can turn that fear for your health and life into something positive; like motivation to stop.
Also, check out the alternatives to self harm thread, and try a few of these distractions out when you feel the urge to SH.

You could tell anyone you trust: A parent, a close friend, a trusted teacher, or if you find it easier to talk to strangers, how about a doctor or therapist? Ideally you should tell an adult, someone who is able to help you and whose only concern is your health. If you can't talk face to face, how about leaving a letter or note explaining? Sometimes it's easier to express your true feelings in a letter, and get everything out in the right order. Also, it will give whoever finds the note/letter time to calm down and formulate an appropriate and helpful approach to helping you- as opposed to showing their initial shock as anger or in some other unhelpful way.

Just so you know, we're always here for you- and we always will be. You're a part of our little community, and we care about you. You are loved.
If you ever need anything, I'm here for you, and so are many others. You are not alone.

Sending hugs your way,

-Laura

Take as long as you need.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
survivor16 Offline
Like a skyscraper. <3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Shelby

Re: HELP ME! - April 13th 2012, 10:44 PM

I have been there, and it's very important that you tell your parents/gaurdian or an adult you trust. You can't fight this alone, it may seem impossible to stop right now, but you can! Get the support/help you need to be healthy.
I'm very sorry you are going through this, but you can get out.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: HELP ME! - April 14th 2012, 03:21 AM

Hey there,

I know that it may be very hard, but you have to tell someone about this. It can be a parent, school nurse, school guidance counselor, a doctor, or other trusted adult. You can't go through this alone, and if you're afraid for your life you definitely has to let your concerns known. Sit them down somewhere quiet where there are few distractions when everybody is calm and then just be honest about it. If it is hard to speak these things verbally, then you can always write a letter. Either way, tell someone about this. That is the first step toward recovering from this. And you CAN recover from this.
Try to use alternatives to self harm whenever possible to keep yourself busy instead of self harming. Try to set goals for yourself as well to go a certain amount of days self harm free. That way you have something you can achieve and be proud of. Either way, if you slip up, know that you can get right back up and continue trying to stay self harm free. Stay strong, we're all here for you.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
AnimeGurl99 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Megan

Re: HELP ME! - April 14th 2012, 10:47 AM

I'm not sure if taking my advice would help but try talking to a close friend when you feel the urge or distract yourself by doing something calming. It doesn't always work, i know, but even if you try it could help.

"Im selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: HELP ME! - April 14th 2012, 12:29 PM

Hi there

Firstly, I'm glad you've come to us for some help and advice. To me that shows that you do actually want the help and support to beat this and I hope that we can help you, in some way.

Ultimately, you're in control of your actions. The only person who can stop you from self harming, is yourself. However, it's not easy because you're still going to get urges and it's down to you to beat them which can be admittedly very hard, but you can do it because you are in control.

When you have the urges to hurt yourself, you need to do something to help yourself. Try using alternatives. We have a massive list on Teenhelp and although not everything is going to help you, there will be ones which do so it's just about finding them. If you come across something that doesn't help, don't stop trying.

I don't know if there is anything that is upsetting you which is triggering you to have these urges or how long this has been going on for, but if there is something and it has been going on for a long time, it might really help you to talk to someone about it. You can talk to a friend, family, a teacher or even a school nurse. These people all want to help you.

I know this is hard but you can beat it. Believe in yourself,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread