TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Babity Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Kaila

why stop? - April 21st 2012, 05:40 AM

Okay I'm just feeling a little hopeless right now :/ like I just don't see the point in stopping anymore. Everyone told me I wouldn't know right away but I would figure it out along the way. Well it's been almost 18 month clean and I don't feel any better. I don't think it's changed my life. Whether or not if I do my life still has the highs and lows it always will have. So why do I need to stop.

Idk. I probably am gonna regret putting this up, but right now I just want to give up. This streak doesn't mean anything to me right now. I'm forcing myself to hold off until saturday (hopefully my craving will stop by then) but honestly I'm running low on reasons.

Does anyone have any reason to stop SH?

Compromise is not a sign of weakness. It is the strength to withstand caving to an ultimatum.
Living with one takes great strength

TH Buddy
VM me
PM me

Last time I cut myself
October 19th, 2012

(#2 (permalink)) Old
BreakingBecci Offline
Becci
Not a n00b

Name: Becci

Re: why stop? - April 21st 2012, 10:55 AM

18 months is incredible, so well done.
It may not mean anything to you right now, but in the future you will realise just how important it is that you stopped.
Also, if you start again, you'll just have to go through the process of recovery all over again. That's always tough. And each time you start, it tends to get worse.
Don't do it because people care about you.
If you want to talk, feel free to PM me.

Do not base your happiness off someone else.
you-go-dumbledork.tumblr.com
  Send a message via Skype™ to BreakingBecci 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Flavalicious Offline
100% Coffee addict
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Felis

Re: why stop? - April 22nd 2012, 01:52 PM

Kaila, believe it or not being SH for 18 months requires lots of effort and you're doing really great. In about 2 weeks I'll be SH free for two years now and I know that it's not an easy journey for me and for you.

I believe you have so many reasons in your life to stop SH, but it's just your craving and temptation at the moment blindfold you from seeing many great things that are currently happening in your life.
You have people who loves you that's why they told you to stop, they don't want to see you hurting.

I was reading the Chicken Soup for Teenage Soul last time about tough stuffs and I couldn't believe that I cried reading some experiences of the girls who attempted self harm. They're suffering, they didn't really want to hurt themselves, they just wanted their pain to go away. I could see my old self through their stories and was thinking how sad my life was like that; when I did SH in the past I really never thought that it's that bad, but now I can see it.
Whatever you're feeling right now Kaila, there will always be a better way to solve it other than SH.

The highs and lows in life will always be there until the day we leave this world and aren't you proud of yourself that you can face it without having to hurt yourself? Even I am proud of you for being SH free for so long already.
Do you know that when a person manage to stop SH, it will inspire and encourage lots of others not to quit in their struggle. We're struggling together here and know that you're not alone.

So don't quit Kaila. You are strong enough to get through those 18 months and I believe you have the strength to get through another years SH free. You can do it!

Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition. - Alexander Smith

Change and growth take place when a person has risked himself and dares to become involved with experimenting with his own life. - Herbert Otto

Closed Thread