TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Disabilities Living with a disability, either physical or mental, can be both challenging and life changing. For support, questions and discussions relating to disabilities, post here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
140221A Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ryan

rare muscle disease - May 31st 2013, 03:19 AM

this may sound like a made up word but i have polymyositis that i am currently battling... does anyone else have this? or have family/friends that do?

what this is, is basically a rare auto immune disease that makes my muscles very weak. for example, i cant lift my right arm, so putting on shirt or washing my hair have become difficult tasks!!!.even drinking a simple cup of water if a hassle.

my throat muscles are also affected (i am on a liquid diet cause i cant eat regular foods, it really stinks and makes me eager to eat a sandwhich or fries... anything else but soup lol) so im losing more weight than i should

if you have any tips or suggestions im willing to listen

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Re: rare muscle disease - June 2nd 2013, 08:52 PM

Hi Ryan,
I have never heard of this and the name does not surprise me or sound weird, there are many strange, complicated to pronounce and long names for many autoimmune diseases and other conditions.
I do not know anyone with this but I can tell you that if you are wanting to get to know other people with this you can look online and see if your area has support groups for people with this autoimmune disease or autoimmune diseases in general. Hospitals usually run these groups or people in the community that have the disease that is the focus of the group. If you are having any complications or need help with completing tasks, you could talk to your doctor about any suggestions they may have that would make doing things a bit easier and less complicated.
Hope this helps and you can PM me if you ever need anything.
Take care and stay strong.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

Closed Thread