TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Disabilities Living with a disability, either physical or mental, can be both challenging and life changing. For support, questions and discussions relating to disabilities, post here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Pegasister100 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Is Aspergers ok to have? - September 18th 2013, 07:52 PM

I'm Marianne and I'm 14. I have aspergers but I am finding it difficult and am starting to question myself 'why do I have it'. I get bullied alot about it at school and it has gotten so bad it has lead me to depression and almost anxiety and now I feel scared walking around my own school because of the 20 bullies that I have. I did have loads of friends but the bullies turnt them against me now I only have 3 friends left. Does anyone have any advice for me that can help me?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Is Aspergers ok to have? - September 18th 2013, 08:02 PM

Hi Marianne

I have Asperger's, too. I know how you feel. It does come with it's challenges, but remember it'll make you stronger in the end. There's several theories about the Autism Spectrum in general and everyone has their own opinion, so I'll let you come of that idea yourself. There are reasons anywhere from biological, to environmental and chemical. Is there anything in particular that you're struggling with that you'd like to talk about?

As for the bullying, people have no right at all to do that to you. People unfortunately can be rude. Have you told anyone about this? If not, you should try to let a parent or teacher know so they can help you deal with this. You don't deserve to go through this by yourself.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Debaser Offline
Tabula Rasa
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Louise

Re: Is Aspergers ok to have? - September 18th 2013, 08:20 PM

Hey Marianne,

Of course it's 'okay' to have asperges, the same as it's okay for me to be short-sighted or have a low metabolic rate.
It's not something you've brought upon yourself, nor has it developed due to a flaw in you. You were born with a difficulty with social interaction and that's perfectly fine.

I'm really sorry you're having a tough time with bullies and this is the difficult bit - you need to talk someone about it, especially if you're starting to feel depressed and socially anxious.
Have you spoken to your parents about this? Or a teacher at your school? Because the more people that are aware, the better they can combat the bullying.
Another step you could take would be to talk to a counsellor (if there's one at your school?) about how the bullies are affecting your day to day life.
And remember, you can always transfer schools. It's a last resort, but it's an option.

Lastly work on your self esteem, do things that make you happy, even challenge yourself a bit. Something like a Drama workshop would be a great way to confront some social situations and give yourself a lot more confidence.

I hope that's helped a bit
Louise x

Send a message via MSN to Debaser Send a message via Skype™ to Debaser 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Re: Is Aspergers ok to have? - September 18th 2013, 09:06 PM

Hey, I also have asperges, I don't know if you'll find it helpful or not, but I wrote an article for this site on As perges, you might like to read it - here's the link : http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f128-...gers-syndrome/

I have found what helps me is doing the things that interest me such as karate has always been of interest to me so I joined a karate club - joining a club like a sports club is a great way to make friends as everyone there will have the same or similar interests to you, if they didn't they most likely would not be at the sports club!

I know it aint easy to have as-perges but its not wrong to have it and it is okay to have the syndrome, it makes you who you are.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Re: Is Aspergers ok to have? - September 18th 2013, 09:32 PM

There is nothing wrong with having Aspergers. It is similar to people having other disabilities or disorders: such as me not being able to see. You can do things such as joining activities you enjoy and learning how to handle social situations from a counselor to help with this.
It may be difficult to live with but with the right support and help, life can be made easier.
Definitely talk to someone at school and your parents about the bullies, there is no reason that you should be treated how you are. The sooner people get involved and that action is taken against these other students, the sooner you will be able to move forward from what they are doing and be able to gain more confidence.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

Closed Thread