TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Disabilities Living with a disability, either physical or mental, can be both challenging and life changing. For support, questions and discussions relating to disabilities, post here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Thranduil's Son.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Eric

I'm not really sure if this belongs here, but lets give it a go. - December 27th 2014, 11:07 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My sister has cancer. I'm not sure what to do to help. She gets very ill, and she has to have surgery that could potentially end her life. We have been dealing with this since she was seven years old. She is twenty now. She has come such a long away, and I would really hate to see all this personal strength and growth lead to nothing. She already has a hard time with Depression and Self harm. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to help her cope with the possibility of her dying. She is by far my best friend. I'm positive the is the only friend I have. She is always there for me not only as a sister, but just as one of the guys when I need her to be. She loves me and accepts me for who I am, even when our family doesn't seem to, and she is by far the most amazing person I could have ever asked to be in my life, and I just feel so lost and helpless. I want to be able to fold her in my arms and let her feel the love I have for her. She is the only sibling and only friend I have. I truly have no clue what I would do without her.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Re: I'm not really sure if this belongs here, but lets give it a go. - December 28th 2014, 03:36 PM

Hey there Eric,
Wow I'm really sorry to hear about your sister. It must be so difficult to deal with it, as someone so close. She sounds amazing how she is there for you even with all she is going through inside. I just want to let you know that personal strength and growth won't lead to nothing, because such things can be shared and spread. I think something you can do for her is create something. Whether it is a craft, an artwork, a song, or a combination it might be healing for you as well as for her. Not only would you give her something but you'd be expressing something and communicating something to her that she gets to keep. That's the first thing that comes to mind. A second thing you could do is start a project together. I know she is ilI but there are things she can do in bed such as writing a story together. Another shared activity you can do is read a book, taking turns reading aloud or taking turns showing each other videos and watching them together. Or another project that involves things that you don't need much physical materials for. Things that you carry up in your head or in your heart. Imagination can go a long way, and so many different forms.
Be sure to take care of yourself too. I'm not sure if you suffer from depression or another condition but all this is probably impacting you too.
Take care and stay strong

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Thranduil's Son.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Eric

Re: I'm not really sure if this belongs here, but lets give it a go. - December 30th 2014, 06:50 PM

Thank you for all your ideas. I will totally give them a try.

Closed Thread