TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Disabilities Living with a disability, either physical or mental, can be both challenging and life changing. For support, questions and discussions relating to disabilities, post here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ashley 101 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashley cooper

adhd is ruining my freind ships - February 16th 2015, 11:34 PM

Don't really know where to put this but all my freind ships have fallen apart and iv never sustained freinds and I found out I have adhd and know I'm scared il never keep freinds as I say things I should and interrupt them and as a lot of my freind ships have fell apart this makes me scared of losing more friends any advice would be appreciated

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Re: adhd is ruining my freind ships - February 18th 2015, 08:19 PM

I don't have much advice, but I do know quite a few people with AD(H)D and I know that both people with disabilities and without can have a hard time making friends, so you're definitely not alone. I find that taking care of a pet can really help because they don't judge and are really sweet.

Another thing you can try is a support group. You may or may not be seeing a professional but as much as professionals know the official information, the ones who experience it and their family are the ones who got the practical advice, you know? Maybe there's a parent of a child with ADHD who can tell you some techniques that they've tried that works for their child or a peer who did something to help them out. It can even be online if you're not keen on going out too much.
It is probably harder to make friends but it is possible and doable.
Best of luck!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: adhd is ruining my freind ships - February 24th 2015, 02:16 PM

I have ADHD so I can relate to you in a way. I, too, have a hard time making friends. Are you taking any medications for your ADHD? If not, you should talk to your doctor about being put on medications for your ADHD.

Maybe you could try looking into support groups for people who have ADHD, if there are any.

Maybe you could try talking to your guidance counselor, if your school has one. They maybe able to help you out and help you figure out what to do next.

Member Since 1/15/2012

(#4 (permalink)) Old
claiot14 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: adhd is ruining my freind ships - February 26th 2015, 03:20 AM

Hey, you're not alone, I have adhd and sometimes I feel like it ruins my life. Just try being yourself, people should like you for who are. Sometimes talking with a counselor can help, so if your school has one you could talk to them about how you are feeling

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Kyeto-X Offline
Angel without a Halo
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Will

Re: adhd is ruining my freind ships - February 27th 2015, 10:01 AM

So not alone!

I've had ADHD all my life. One of the things that helps alot is simply medication. It helps put a curve on the impulsivity and allows you to control yourself better. However, Meds are not right for everyone, so talk to your doctor about it. The side effects are pretty sever and I had moments where I felt like Doctor Jekyll/Mr. Hyde.

Another thing that you should consider is just gathering friends who accept you as you are. A true friend would embrace you and your squirrel moments But will also reign you in when you need it. Pretty much, be yourself and people who love you would come to you.

"One of the things I regret the most of being able to imagine anything,
is having to fear nothing"

"Realty is a lot more malleable then most people think.
They just refuse to believe that they can do anything about it."

"If a simple electron has a small,
but nonzero chance of doing the impossible,
what is stopping us from doing the same thing?"

-Wise Sayings from a Raving Lunatic
Follow me and my new book on Facebook!
  Send a message via Skype™ to Kyeto-X 
Closed Thread