TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xLuck3Y Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,885, Level: 9 Points: 3,885, Level: 9 Points: 3,885, Level: 9

Post College forum mishap - October 22nd 2016, 05:32 PM

Hi all,

Right, ive applied to a few college A-levels a few weeks ago and one of the ones I chose was not suitable for what GCSEs im taking, which is music technology.
Let me get some stuff out the way:
  • I do not take music at school
  • im in my last year so changing subjects is a no go
  • I only recently figured out that music is a career im interested in
  • I chose the a level because I was a bit ovely excited when I saw the option of music tech (mixing is something I have a strong interest in)
  • the form is in top notch quality from front to back in the context of grammar and Im certain I will meet the entry requirements

Now I know for a fact that the form has arrived, and since I sent my application in within the week of which they were being accepted its most likely been read.

What will happen? Will I be asked to change the a level to something different? Will my form be dismissed? Can I even make changes to my form now?

Im a high achiever and im certain every other gcse and a level is valid (ie needing 2 Bs in science for a physics a level) and I will not be very enthusiastic if my form is denied because of something like that

Thanks
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34

Re: College forum mishap - October 22nd 2016, 06:09 PM

Hey there,

I can't guarantee what will happen, but if you haven't studied much music either inside or outside of school, I'm wondering if that will affect your chances of getting onto the music tech course? Briefly reading up on the subject online, it sounds like you'll need some skills like reading sheet music, but I'm wondering if that is a skill you will be taught along the way perhaps? You could ask the college if this would be the case, as many people may be interested in music tech but not having had much practice in music.

If either you or the college decides that music tech isn't a good option, I assume that the college would contact you and talk to you about your choice, and perhaps suggest other options or other courses that you might be interested in. Your form shouldn't be dismissed, but if you don't hear from them in a while, you can always contact them and ask where your application is in the process.

Some colleges do allow you to change your options right up until the first few weeks of term, so you should be able to change your options.

If you are unsure, you can always contact the college and ask the admissions team if your application is okay, or if you can change things. They should help you

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
xLuck3Y Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,885, Level: 9 Points: 3,885, Level: 9 Points: 3,885, Level: 9

Smile Re: College forum mishap - October 22nd 2016, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celyn View Post
Hey there,

I can't guarantee what will happen, but if you haven't studied much music either inside or outside of school, I'm wondering if that will affect your chances of getting onto the music tech course? Briefly reading up on the subject online, it sounds like you'll need some skills like reading sheet music, but I'm wondering if that is a skill you will be taught along the way perhaps? You could ask the college if this would be the case, as many people may be interested in music tech but not having had much practice in music.

If either you or the college decides that music tech isn't a good option, I assume that the college would contact you and talk to you about your choice, and perhaps suggest other options or other courses that you might be interested in. Your form shouldn't be dismissed, but if you don't hear from them in a while, you can always contact them and ask where your application is in the process.

Some colleges do allow you to change your options right up until the first few weeks of term, so you should be able to change your options.

If you are unsure, you can always contact the college and ask the admissions team if your application is okay, or if you can change things. They should help you
Thanks for the quick reply, and also thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to keep in mind what youve said
Closed Thread