TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Neurodiversity This forum is for everything about neurodiversity, such as autism, ADHD or dyslexia - talk about here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
62elmstreet Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,829, Level: 9 Points: 3,829, Level: 9 Points: 3,829, Level: 9

Question I have tourttes - March 18th 2017, 03:01 AM

I have tourettes i always have and probably always will and i was wondering if there was anyone else with touretes to chat with here
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 108,946, Level: 47 Points: 108,946, Level: 47 Points: 108,946, Level: 47

Re: I have tourttes - July 17th 2020, 03:38 PM

Hello,

I am truly sorry that you haven't gotten a reply to this and hope that you are doing okay.

When we have something going on with us it can be hard to find something to help us out with how we are feeling. You are always welcome to talk about how you are feeling or what you are going through. When you are having a hard time try to find something to get your mind off of this for a while. Try putting on a funny movie or TV show or grabbing a book and reading for a while or listening to music or calling a friend and talking to them for a while.

Also if you wanted to try, you can Google tourettes support groups near you and go and talk to other people who are going through the same thing. Sometimes going to a group with other people who are going through the same thing can help you. I wish you the best and hope that you will be okay soon.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
NeuroBeautiful Offline
Please call that story back.
I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24

Re: I have tourttes - October 19th 2020, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62elmstreet View Post
I have tourettes i always have and probably always will and i was wondering if there was anyone else with touretes to chat with here
I do not have tourette's but I watched a film called "In Front of the Class" based on a true story about a teacher who has Tourette's and it is an inspiring story. As someone who has some of the similar challenges of being different/feeling different, growing up with frustrated and uninformed teachers, classmates and burnt out parents and a passion for teaching, I found this film to be relatable. I also have conditions that affect me that are stigmatized and this is also a theme addressed in the movie. I recommend you watch it.
Closed Thread