TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Wolfz Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Colin

Points: 9,927, Level: 14 Points: 9,927, Level: 14 Points: 9,927, Level: 14

Alcohol... - December 15th 2015, 01:48 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

(just wanted to mention that, drinking with the age of 16 is allowed in Europe, but only as long as it's something lowkey-alcoholic like wine or beer; though 16 year olds are not allowed to drink any mixtures of alcoholic things, like vodka and orange juice and especially not in public)

Last year on the night to 2015 (so on new year's), me and my cousin were doing a drinking game and we drank half a bottle of Vodka and a whole bottle of what is called Malibu.. it was the first time drinking something heavier than beer and tbh it tasted awful, but i was depressed and i wanted to numb the pain.

fun fact: i still can't remember some stuff that happened back there, though nothing sexual happened and i can remember that i threw up multiple times..

my mum and my aunt and uncle were okay with us drinking and i got 16 on the 23rd as well (which doesn't legalize me and my cousin drinking those things as well; i just wanted to say it).

ever since then.. i don't know, i kinda.. my body kinda refuses to drink alcohol. like every taste of alcohol can make me nausious. even the smell of alcohol or anything Vodka related can make me nausious or uncomfortable.
i just want to be able to drink again. i don't wanna drink too much i just want to drink beer sometimes..
but i can't even do that..
i guess i should be glad about not being able to drink and that i haven't been drunk in nearly a year (tried a bit of alcohol but like i said, nausous), but i just still wanna drink atleast a beer once in a while...

Colin / 17 / Pre-op Trans-Guy
on T since 12/21/16

If you need someone to talk or if you have questions, feel free to PM or VM me.
I am always here!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: Alcohol... - December 15th 2015, 01:52 AM

This is actually pretty normal, people get taste aversions if they eat or drink something then get nauseous. Last year I drank too much vodka and threw up in the morning, and I couldn't drink it for quite awhile after that and I still haven't had the particular flavor it was. Like you said it's probably for the best that you can't drink it since you're young, but I think in time the aversion will at least weaken so don't worry too much. I know some rehabs try curing alcoholism with aversion by making people throw up after drinking, and I'm not sure how effective it is, but I don't think it's a permanent thing.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
Closed Thread