TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f17-drugs-alcohol-addiction/)
-   -   Severe Addiction to Sunkist (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f17-drugs-alcohol-addiction/t23277-severe-addiction-sunkist/)

Kpr0 August 18th 2009 08:59 PM

Severe Addiction to Sunkist

If you don't know, Sunkist is a pop manufactured by Dr. Pepper. I think I am addicted to Sunkist. When I wake up, I have to have a can. I can't go for more than 2 hours without a Sunkist.

Seriously, it's like motherfucking cigarettes to me. On average I will have at least 8 cans or more of Sunkist a day. I've had 18 on one occasion but threw up constantly the next day.

So, how can I kick the addiction? I doubt Nicorette will cure this shit. Thanks in advance.

Annie95 August 18th 2009 09:56 PM

Re: Severe Addiction to Sunkist

um... a step down metod? with smaller cans... you know those itty bitty ones that look like they were made for toddlers, and then less over time, is there caffiene in sunkist? because if not i dont really see reason to quit, it is just a beverage... although it might show a tendancy towards addicive behavor,, so dont start drinking or smoking.

Kpr0 August 19th 2009 12:32 AM

Yes, it has caffeine in it. It's not as easy as just stepping down, I seriously will have breakdowns if I don't have Sunkist.

Algernon August 19th 2009 12:46 AM

If you think being addicted to Sunkist by drinking eight cans a day... I probably drink more than that of Diet Coke/Pepsi. It's just soda, get some kind of diet Sunkist and I don't really see a problem unless you're worried about other effects.

Kpr0 August 20th 2009 01:09 AM

It's not just pop to me. It's a lifestyle. In my opinion, Diet Sunkist tastes like shit, drinking that wouldn't really help me. I will have breakdowns and feel sick and possibly throw up if I don't get enough Sunkist. This isn't something to joke around about.

Ayak22 August 20th 2009 11:14 AM

Oh, gee. I read this and then bought some and went through four cans straight away. It's nice and addictive, but it doesn't have caffeine in I don't think. Maybe keep drinking it but drink a little less every day so that you gradually slow down?

<:3 )~ August 20th 2009 02:22 PM

Nutrition facts for Sunkist: [Image removed]

Also, there is 40.0 mg of caffeine in a regular Orange Sunkist.
The Diet Orange Sunkist has 41.5 mg. So, I'd suggest that you cut down gradually. Caffeine is considered an "upper" drug [though legal it has its effects] so you're going to have to wean down on it.
I reccomend a lot of exercise and drinking water in place of lost Sunkist as you get to smaller cans and less quantity.

Kpr0 August 20th 2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayak (Post 216521)
Oh, gee. I read this and then bought some and went through four cans straight away. It's nice and addictive, but it doesn't have caffeine in I don't think. Maybe keep drinking it but drink a little less every day so that you gradually slow down?

There is caffeine in Sunkist in America, not sure of how much though. Thanks for the advice

Quote:

Originally Posted by <:3 )~ (Post 216569)
Nutrition facts for Sunkist:

Also, there is 40.0 mg of caffeine in a regular Orange Sunkist.
The Diet Orange Sunkist has 41.5 mg. So, I'd suggest that you cut down gradually. Caffeine is considered an "upper" drug [though legal it has its effects] so you're going to have to wean down on it.
I reccomend a lot of exercise and drinking water in place of lost Sunkist as you get to smaller cans and less quantity.

The Sunkist I am drinking has different amounts. One of the more suspicious is 50G of sugar. I try to wean down, but I feel sick if I don't and end up drinking more. Thanks though.

Whisperer August 20th 2009 05:20 PM

Try having a half a can less a day for a while until you get used to it. After that go down another half a can and so on and so on.

underthebridge August 20th 2009 05:25 PM

I wish that I had some helpful advice here, but I don't. I just read this thread and related so much!! I have the same problem, except with Diet Sunkist. I go throguh like 5 2 Liters a week- it's crazy! All of the neutra sweet is probably going to make me explode....

Hah. sorry I couldn't be of any help. Good luck :)

Algernon August 20th 2009 05:52 PM

I think you're making too big a deal about this, honestly, just be thankful you're not addicted to something else you know? It's just soda. I know you can do it...

Ayak22 August 20th 2009 10:35 PM

Yeah, just to say I apologise as I did not realise that American Sunkist has caffeine in. I know the one over here doesn't. I'd still say that you just need to try and slowly cut down, and I wish you luck.

cuttingsolitude August 21st 2009 04:56 AM

what you are experiencing isn't sunkist addiction but caffeine withdrawal. The best thing you can do is quit the intake of caffeine all together and symptoms should last no longer than 9 days. If you would rather not detox on caffeine (you should, you would be healthier) you can simply take caffeine pills so you can lower your sunkist intake

sources:
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-sym...withdrawal.htm
http://www.coffeefaq.com/site/node/11