TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
appleberry Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 10,142, Level: 14 Points: 10,142, Level: 14 Points: 10,142, Level: 14

Food Addiction - September 23rd 2009, 08:43 PM

I know it's somewhat ridiculous. But it's getting worse every day. I grew up with a mom who was weight-obsessed, yet she grew up with a heavy italian family so she ate a lot. My parents owned a resturant, they know how to cook, I know how to cook. So this is all I do. I eat even though I hate myself for doing it. When I get bored, upset, or pissed off I eat.

I hate my body. I feel like a failure because I know that I'm fat. And my boyfriend is such a sweetheart and he tells me he loves the way that I look. But I know he's lying. No one could love this.
I talked to him about this last night, and he said he thinks I have an eating disorder...
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Liz [: Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Liz

Points: 9,457, Level: 14 Points: 9,457, Level: 14 Points: 9,457, Level: 14

Re: Food Addiction - September 23rd 2009, 09:38 PM

Hey there,

Weight doesn't make up who you are, at all. What matters is what's on the inside, and you never fail anybody. And as far as your boyfriend goes, I believe he's telling the truth, I know you are a beautiful person, inside and out. And people do love you. You are loved more than you think you are.

And about the eating disorder, I think it depends. Most people over-eat at some point in their life. I over-eat all the time, but that doesn't make up who I am. But many people who do, don't have an eating disorder. If you are really worried about it, I recommend you talk to a parent, a close friend, or maybe even a teacher at school...somebody you trust that will point you in the right direction.

PM me anytime.

Always,

Liz

No.
Closed Thread