TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lexilette Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alice Nicole Lipa

Points: 9,224, Level: 14 Points: 9,224, Level: 14 Points: 9,224, Level: 14

Unhappy Alcohol and my love. - May 5th 2010, 02:56 PM

My boyfriend is the most amazing person I have ever met,
like seriously.
But theres one tiny little problem..
he's an alcoholic...
and he drinks. alot.
Its not like he gets violent when hes drunk or anything..its just...i hae the taste because when I was a child..I was molested by a drunk.
And everytime I kiss my boyfriend, and I taste the alcohol, I feel like Im seven years old again :[
And I don't know what to do, and Im wondering if Im being just a big baby..
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Make A Wish ☼
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Lacey

Points: 14,098, Level: 17 Points: 14,098, Level: 17 Points: 14,098, Level: 17

Re: Alcohol and my love. - May 5th 2010, 06:26 PM

Hi Alice.

First of all. I am so sorry about what happened to you when you were younger. I cannot imagine how hard that must have been for you to get over.

Now sweetie, does your boyfriend know that happened to you? It probabaly would be a very good thing to tell him. Unfortunately, it may not stop him from drinking, but maybe he'll chew some gum or take a breathe mint before you two kiss. I know it's not the best outcome, but it will stop those horrid flashbacks. Take care when telling him that he makes you feel like that vunerable 7 year old again. It may really upset him because he may kind of, twist it and think that you think he is abusing you. Just explain everything the way you've explained it to us.

And sweetie, you're not being a baby. Not one bit. It was a traumatic event and the fact that you're boyfrined is constantly reminding you of it will undoubtably upset you. Its very understandable and I hope that you're boyfriend will understand and work on it with you. Communication is the best way to solve anything.

Take care Alice. PM me anytime.

Life is to short to put it off anymore
You gotta live it before it’s too late
I can’t turn that clock back around
On what you’re dreaming about
You better do it now, don’t wait

Do something crazy and dumb, while your still young. <3

Need to talk? I'm here. --->
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
delete Offline
Average Joe

Points: 10,892, Level: 15 Points: 10,892, Level: 15 Points: 10,892, Level: 15

Re: Alcohol and my love. - May 5th 2010, 07:56 PM

I Second what CatterpillarButterfly said by the way.

You absolutely are not being a baby after what happened to you. Explain what happened, and maybe he will understand and thus start cutting back on the alcohol. Like, maybe start seeing if he can ration it, and explain the benefits of cutting back. I wouldn't suggest outright telling him to quit it all, as that can be really difficult for someone who is addicted. Maybe have him chew gum before kissing, or get him a hobby that gives him less time to drink. Good luck
Closed Thread