TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Addictive Behaviours Discuss and receive support for addictions not related to substance use, such as gambling, Internet, sex or work addictions, in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
The Darkness Offline
Nothing Began Everything
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raphael

Kinda Murderous - July 19th 2010, 09:48 PM

So there was this topic in a forum that was basically encouraging to let out your anger with a sort of RPG brutal killing style. Some were participating, not really brutal just "She stabbed and stabbed. The End.* or whatnot and I'm like, well, I'll have a go.
So I did. And, well, I got addicted to it and somewhat frightened the people on there. I couldn't stop till my computer crashed and I was angry 'cause I was in the middle of writing one and my work was gone. Now I want to return. But someone, can't remember who, said that if you enjoy something like that, and your addicted, there's something wrong with you. I already know there's something wrong with me, but I love it. I can't stop thinking or doing about anything around it. It makes me cackle in a way that even scares me. And I start to tremble when I read, write, or watch any of it. Is this bad?

THE POINT OF SINGULARITY IS NOTHING AS NOTHING BEGAN EVERYTHING
PULSING IN THE EXPAND CONSUME WITHOUT BARRIER OR BORDER
IT IS DARK BECAUSE IT IS THE DARKNESS IT IS OVER BECAUSE IT IS THE END
THERE IS NO SENTRY BECAUSE NONE DARE APPROACH
IT HAS NEVER BEEN AND IT IS ALL THAT EVER WAS
AT THE CENTER YOU DO NOT FIND THE ANSWER
YOU DO NOT FIND YOURSELF THERE IS NO CENTER AND THERE IS NO YOU THERE IS ONLY MADNESS
WE ARE ALL HERE NOW.
WE ARE ALL HERE.
WE ARE.

Last edited by The Darkness; July 19th 2010 at 11:59 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Kinda Murderous - July 20th 2010, 07:57 AM

Many people have a fascination with death as morbid as it sounds. When writing about it, you were excited by a story, nothing bad to me. The feeling may be addictive because you felt so excited and the rushing adrenaline felt wonderful, so you want it back. There are many authors who are excited to write about murders or similar crimes yet they are fine. It wouldn't be fine if say, you wrote about a story then you acted out the killing on someone.

Your adrenaline rush is to something many may disapprove of but it doesn't mean you have a mental illness. Others may say otherwise simply because it's a 15-year old girl writing about murder stories, which isn't something that occurs often so people say something is wrong with you. I disagree.

If it ever comes to acting out the stories or getting sexual releases from any torture or killing you write, depending on what it is you wrote, that wouldn't be good.

I'm basing my view on the fact I have many books about murder cases that do go into quite a bit of detail, serial killers, books dedicated to only one serial killer, etc... . Those authors are mentally healthy, some work in the field as forensic psychologists or police.

Closed Thread