TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Addictive Behaviours Discuss and receive support for addictions not related to substance use, such as gambling, Internet, sex or work addictions, in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BrookeTHaddict Offline
~Brooke~Fairy Dust Wishes~
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Brooke

please dont tease me - April 30th 2011, 02:01 PM

This thread has been labeled as non-PG13 by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for younger users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i have this really bad habit of picking my nose, i know its disgusting but i just cant help it, i hate blowing my nose because then i feel and see al the snot and the sound i find really disgusting and makes my stomach turn
  Send a message via MSN to BrookeTHaddict  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Troubled_Heart Offline
Used to be Ianto Jones
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Melissa
Location: The room where it's red and black and evil people walk around pointing and laughing at you

Re: please dont tease me - April 30th 2011, 02:14 PM

The first thing I thinnk you should do is tell those around you. If they are with you and notice you doing it, get them to make you stop. Having others know is always a great help.

Keep something in your hands so you don't pick. Blue tack is always good and you can make shapes or just roll it around but whatever you find best.

Practice blowing your nose. This is stupid but if you don't like blowing your nose practice when you don't need to (not hard because that can cause you damage) but then work out a way you can manovure the tissue so you don't see the snot. When you hear the sound, think of something else like the wind or a thunderstorm to take your mind off it.

You could also try a sinus rinse that uses saline to wash out the place in your nose where the mucus originates. Eliminating the source, eliminates creation meaning no urge to pick or reason to blow your nose.

Hope this helps, good luck <3 Go in Peace!

When life gives you one thousand reasons to cry, show life one million reasons to SMILE!

Send a message via MSN to Troubled_Heart Send a message via Yahoo to Troubled_Heart  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Marguerite

Re: please dont tease me - April 30th 2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapparappa View Post
The first thing I thinnk you should do is tell those around you.
Stellar advice there. No, seriously... top notch idea.

Make sure you always have a hankercheif/tissues on you. You may hate it but I'm sure the more you do it the more you will get used to it. Just think- no matter how gross it feels it's going to be embarrassing if someone catches you picking your nose, and that will be worse. And if looking at it grosses you out, then don't look at it.

To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget

~Arundhati Roy

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
BrookeTHaddict Offline
~Brooke~Fairy Dust Wishes~
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Brooke

Re: please dont tease me - May 3rd 2011, 02:37 AM

thank you i will give it ago
  Send a message via MSN to BrookeTHaddict  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: please dont tease me - May 3rd 2011, 09:56 AM

Take tissues with you or even a small rag stored in your pocket. If you dislike the appearance of the snot, don't look at it. Each time you go to pick your nose, imagine you're on a stage giving a speech and thousands of people are watching you. In this sense, fear and embarassment can be motivators to stop that behaviour.

Quote:
The first thing I thinnk you should do is tell those around you.
You want the OP to tell others she picks her nose? Do you not think it's not already socially disapproved? I've heard weird and stupid things but that one is climbing up the ladder to the top.

Quote:
You could also try a sinus rinse that uses saline to wash out the place in your nose where the mucus originates. Eliminating the source, eliminates creation meaning no urge to pick or reason to blow your nose.
The mucus serves a very important purpose. Around 90% of the air we breath comes in via the nose. Saying to eliminate the mucus just invites a long list of pathogens to enter her body. Many of these will result in a symptom of more mucus secretion in the normal person.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

4 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
ARTPOP Offline
I've been here a while

Name: :)

Re: please dont tease me - May 10th 2011, 11:38 AM

Hankies are nice and soft and you can wash them to be reusable. This way you save money because you are don't need to keep buying new ones
They also come in loads of styles and colours, spotty, stripey, tartan,plain etc.
You can even make them from old cotton shirts, cut some squares out then neaten the edges with thread. You could even make little bows and stitch them to the corners, or use iron on paper and make designs on your computer. Silly text like "That blows" will have people notice and laugh WITH you, not at YOU.
Whatever you use to make the hankies make sure it's machine washable.

However... I don't think it's wise to tell people :/ You'll get bullied and laughed at.
And if you hate seeing it, fold the hanky up before you can.

I'm a superstar because I do pageants!

Closed Thread