TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Expanding My Writing - February 17th 2014, 03:02 AM

Hey guys!

So, some of you might have seen me post about this before. Within the past month or so, my English teacher has been really harsh to me. She's been failing a lot of my work, not giving me things to fix, stuff like that. In all honesty, my work has been good (it's similar to my work in SE), but she has been singling me out. And for a while, I was really angry. I still am angry, but it's made me want to, "fight back" in a way.

I've had this idea for a while, but have thought more into depth about it. I've been writing since I could spell words. :: A few months ago, someone in my family came up with the idea of having me write the inside of cards. Even making it sort of a "cards for kids" thing, where kids pick cards out and send them to whomever. Firstly, I was wondering what you all think, and if you think I'm capable of doing something like this. I was also wondering if any of you know how I should go about doing this. Like, who to contact, and stuff?

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount12

Edit avatar

Re: Expanding My Writing - February 17th 2014, 03:34 AM

Bleh, I still think she's being too harsh on you. You're a fantastic and very talented writer. I think it's great you're wanting to fight back. I also believe you could be a writer. Honestly, I don't know that much about how it works, so I googled some stuff for you. Hope it's helpful.

Here's the first one, and the second one I found. I apologize if this isn't at all what you meant.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
hottie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Expanding My Writing - February 17th 2014, 05:36 PM

ok, so if u want to "fight back" heres an idea.
i go to this life coach and i hate it but i am required by my probation to go. she makes me write alot and she is very harsh on me with it. so when she gets harsh i write stuff that will make her extre,ely uncomfortable. i am gay and she has a phobia of gay sex so i go explicitly into detail about my sex life(or so she thinks tho its actually fictitous) and she just gives up.
im not saying to write about sex but just write something so that she wont want to read it due to the subject matter.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Expanding My Writing - February 18th 2014, 02:19 AM

Hey there, Cassie.

I'm sorry to hear that your English teacher has been rough on you. I've dealt with both kinds of English teachers (i.e., harsh ones, and easy ones). Typically if I have a harsh one, I will set up a meeting with him/her to discuss my work. I would also sometimes bring the same essay (i.e., another copy of it) to another English teacher and/or the English department head chairman (or as some school say: the dean of academics). Many schools (high schools and colleges) have multiple ways you can appeal grades.

As far as making your own "cards", I think that is a great idea. Embrace what your good at. Sure, some people will not like your writing, but others will. You goal isn't to impress everyone or get everyones approval of your writing and skills (because it's virtually impossible), but a majority is all you really need.

Do what you feel right, push yourself, gain experience, and listen to only those that are willing to improve your writing in positive ways.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Expanding My Writing - February 22nd 2014, 02:48 AM

Thanks, guys!

I'm definitely going to try writing the inside of cards. It's something that I love. My counselor brought this up with the head of the English department; I might get a new teacher, but we'll see.

And those links were very useful!

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

Closed Thread