TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_Mess Offline
Trying to figure my life out..
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Beth

Thumbs up March 22nd 2014, 09:57 PM

Monday it'll be 3 weeks since I've cut myself..Yes the urges have been hitting like freaking crazy..But somehow I learned to over become them. I've been cutting for 4 years..and I do almost regret not telling my family about it until now. Becuz then I would've been clean for longer than just 3 weeks..But I am very proud of myself for not cutting in 3 weeks..becuz seriously this is the longest I've been without cutting. I'M DOING PRETTY DAMN GOOD IF YA ASK ME!
I wanna say to whoever may read this: If you're a cutter...and haven't told anyone and have been keeping it a secret for quite sometime now...I know you may not wanna tell anyone..but IF you wanna stop and be clean of cutting..in order to do that you have to tell someone so they can help you..Yeah it'll be hard as hell to do...But YOU CAN DO IT. I told myself for 4 years no one cared about me enough to help me thru my issues..and to help me stop what I was doing..so I just kept is a secret..But just a few months ago I reached out to my fiance and mom and best friend...and now I've gone 3 weeks without slicing myself up. It's way better for you to go to your family/friend and seek help then for them to find out...becuz if you let them find out..they make react badly then they would if you were to go to them and ask for help...Some of you may read and be saying " She's full of shit no one loves me and no ever will..I'm better off not telling them or better off dead" But seriously that's not true at all....I don't care if your family does drugs or drinks they still love you dearly..they may not show it..but they do love you...If I'm wrong and you really do believe that your family doesn't love you...then I know I'm some random ass stranger...But I love and care for you..( I know I'm emo and most emo's could care less about other people like that , but I guess I'm just a different sorta emo) I'm dark, and morbid as hell...but I still have a heart the size of texas...I may be weird..but who in the hell isn't? anyways..I DO love and care for anyone..whether you're a stranger..whether you're gay, bi, or a lesbian..I still care..( Just sooo ya I seriously didn't mean anything by that if it offended you guys) But anyways I just wanted to share my progress and say a lil something to all of you.

Ummm this may trigger and I forgot to put a triggering SH thing up sooo if someone would do that..THANK YOU.

Waiting is a sign of true love and patience,anyone can say "I love you" But not everyone can wait and prove it's true.

Some say it's painful to wait for someone,Some say it's painful to forget someone,But the worst pain comes when you don't know whether to wait or forget.

Last edited by Chris; March 24th 2014 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Combined posts.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
stelles Offline
stelles
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Estelle/Stelles

Re: Monday 3 weeks :) - March 22nd 2014, 10:14 PM

CONGRATS!!! 3 weeks is a great accomplishment. It's great that you reached out to people for help. You're right, people do care, no matter how much you think they don't. You are doing pretty damn good! I'm so proud of you, and you should be proud of yourself. Keep moving forward

Be yourself, because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  Send a message via Skype™ to stelles 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_Mess Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Monday 3 weeks :) - March 22nd 2014, 10:20 PM

Thank you I am

Waiting is a sign of true love and patience,anyone can say "I love you" But not everyone can wait and prove it's true.

Some say it's painful to wait for someone,Some say it's painful to forget someone,But the worst pain comes when you don't know whether to wait or forget.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Awakening Offline
L’amore vince sempre
Average Joe

Re: Monday 3 weeks :) - March 22nd 2014, 10:25 PM

Hey Beth,
Three weeks is so great! You should definitely be really proud of yourself. Self harm is far from an easy thing to overcome so obviously you have a lot of strength and determination if you've gotten to this point. I think the encouragement you're giving to others is extremely helpful and inspiring, and you're awesome for that! Congratulations on your accomplishment, and hopefully it will help other people reach theirs as well

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount12

Edit avatar

Re: Monday 3 weeks :) - March 22nd 2014, 10:36 PM

That's so great to hear, I'm glad you're doing well in your recovery! As for your point, you're so right. I think everyone is loved by their families and people around them, it's just hard to see and they start thinking otherwise. But back on subject, I'm glad you were able to tell people about it. That's a really brave and courageous thing to do. Congratulations!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_Mess Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Monday 3 weeks :) - March 22nd 2014, 10:48 PM

Thank you both I'm just trying to help other people as well as I'm helping myself Hopefully I do encourage people to seek help.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Monday 3 weeks :) - March 23rd 2014, 12:44 AM

You are doing so great, keep it up!

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Azure. Offline
Filling My Panties.
I can't get enough

Re: Monday 3 weeks :) - March 23rd 2014, 01:15 AM

That's really great to hear! I'm so happy for you! Three weeks is an amazing accomplishment. You must be so brave to reach out like that after so many years, but you're proof that reaching out helps. I think it's great that you want to help and encourage others, too. Anyways, congratulations and I wish you the best.

vm-pm
♥♥♥
Find your light in a new dawn.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Paint Offline
ετεɾṉαl ɾεṡτ †
Average Joe

Re: Monday 3 weeks :) - March 23rd 2014, 01:36 PM

Congratulations! What a great accomplishment! Three weeks is pretty awesome - you're incredibly strong and I'm confident that you can keep going!

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_Mess Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Monday 3 weeks :) - March 23rd 2014, 05:02 PM

Thanks guys.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Monday 3 weeks :) - March 24th 2014, 05:38 AM

Wow, I'm glad that things are going so well for you! Continue to keep your head held high and push on!

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_Mess Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Monday 3 weeks :) - March 25th 2014, 02:27 AM

Thank you Chris

Closed Thread