TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BECCALICIOUS! Offline
take me as you found me.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Becca

I've got my life all figured out... for now. - January 9th 2011, 10:42 PM

I've been thinking a lot about my future lately, having my college acceptance and all that jazz, and I think I have a general plan of how I want things to go (but when does that ever happen? )

First is the remainder of my high school career. I set my year goal to be to pass with a 4.0 minimum all four quarters and so far I have achieved that. However, I am taking three AP classes and five AP tests. In order to do what I want, I am striving to achieve the following scores for the respective reasons:

4 on AP Calculus AB in order to be exempt from Calc I in college.
4 on AP Statistics in order to be exempt from a stat course in college.
4 on AP Literature in order to be exempt from one of my HASS requirements in college.
3 on AP Physics C: Kinematics in order to pass.
2 on AP Physics C: E&M just to say that I didn't get a 1.

Next up is college. I'm going to a school that heavily focuses on engineering and sciences. My overall goal is to get an engineering degree. Right now, I'm planning on a major in Nuclear Engineering and a double minor in Mathematics and Sociology, while taking a psych class along the way. I want to get my Master's degree as well. I want to do something that will protect our environment as best as possible from nuclear waste, or to further promote nuclear energy. I want to have the minor in math as a backup, in case I ever want to be a math professor, and the sociology class I'm taking now is so much fun that I'm considering a minor in it.

I guess my love life, as silly as I'm being, is next. I met this guy and, well, I fully believe he's my soul mate. We haven't been talking long, but I've fallen hard and he just has every single quality I look for in a husband. I still remember the exact moment it struck me that he was The One. Am I one hundred percent positive about this yet? No. We haven't exactly met in person, but we met through a legitimate site: our university's accepted students' site (we're going to be freshmen at the same college during Fall 2011). I know that I might be being a bit silly, and that it may not work out - I AM keeping a slightly realistic outlook on this, don't worry, guys! But he feels the same way I do. We've both been in love before, and it's never felt this right with anyone else. We just have to see what it's like in person. I'm meeting him on April 9th, so I'm hoping it goes as follows:
- Meet in person.
- Hug.
- Have first kiss.
- Date.
- Know we're in love.
- He proposes.
- We get married.
But, of course, that is very, very tentative. Haha.

And lastly are my creative goals for the year. I'm doing Project 365 (the photography project where you take one photo a day), working on TWO Moleskine altered journals (one for me, one for my best friend as a going-away present when I leave for college), the Ultimate Harry Potter Reread (which is going TERRIBLY), making a thousand paper cranes, The 50 Book Challenge (read 50 books in one year), and I'm working on a bucket list! I'm hoping these projects keep me entertained for the entire year.

And that's it! Now just time to stay focused and wait for both my life to unfold and for my life to change these goals.

when you love and laugh abundantly you live a beautiful life.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Irinya Offline
I claim them all.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Fred

Re: I've got my life all figured out... for now. - January 9th 2011, 11:42 PM

Oh come on. Thereís nothing bad at all about having your life planned out to some degree. I basically know what Iíll be doing for the next twelvish years (most of them will be spent in the Boston area), but that doesnít mean theyíll be any less freaking awesome.

Becca, congratulations! You clearly know where youíre going in life, which I think is just beautiful. It sounds like youíre going to have a heck of a good time. And I wish you the best of luck with your romantic pursuits.

Those projects sound pretty intense! I have a reading list 18 books long, and it might already be a bit much for me. :P Good luck!

Also, Iím taking the two Physics C exams too, and my teacher is awful so I think Iíll fail them. If you ever want any help/a study buddy/a freakout buddy, feel free to message me. :P

"Want to know a secret?

You are beautiful.

Black, white, gay, straight, bisexual. Whether you are smart or quiet or impossibly in love with your best friend, someone out there cherishes your smile and gets butterflies when you walk into a room.

Someone out there can't stop thinking about you. You Are Beautiful. Don't ever believe differently."

If you ever want someone to talk to, about absolutely anything, feel free to inbox me!
  Send a message via Skype™ to Irinya 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
BECCALICIOUS! Offline
take me as you found me.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I've got my life all figured out... for now. - January 10th 2011, 12:23 AM

My entire life isn't totally planned out. I have a general plan, but it won't always follow accordingly. I may change my mind. And it's not like all the spontaneity and surprise is gone. But that plan is comforting because it gives me a reason to stay healthy so I can obtain my goals.

And Fred, thanks for your support. I'm definitely taking you up on that Physics C freakout offer.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
mIssIng:nO Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I've got my life all figured out... for now. - January 10th 2011, 12:59 AM

I was joking about what I said btw, it was kind of back handed as a joke. Really I have nothing planned out, and was just being sarcastic as to make my own situation look less-horrible.

infact, I'm actually jealous, I wish I could see that far into the future to actually have a plan

(#5 (permalink)) Old
BECCALICIOUS! Offline
take me as you found me.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I've got my life all figured out... for now. - January 10th 2011, 01:28 AM

It's okay. I'm glad you apologized, it means a lot. I never have life that planned out because, tbh, I'm usually trying to ruin my life in some way. The joys of being bipolar... lol.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
MegaMadness Offline
Fight My Llama
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Megan

Re: I've got my life all figured out... for now. - January 10th 2011, 04:23 AM

It's great that you have things planned out.

Come on boys, come on girls
In this crazy, crazy world
Youíre the diamonds, youíre the pearls
Letís make a new tomorrow
Come on girls, come on boys
Itís your future, itís your choice
And your weapon is your voice
Letís make a new tomorrow
Today
follow me please. I'll follow back. http://photographicjournal.tumblr.com/

Closed Thread