TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CAdancergirl19 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Liz

Could this ever happen? - July 30th 2011, 06:07 PM

Hi! I'm a fourteen year old dancer and I have only been dancing for two years, approximately. My teacher started me on pointe work in June and I think (hope!) I've been doing well. What I really want in life is to dance professionally with a company. Any dancers out there who could help me? Could this happen or I am chasing something impossible?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Could this ever happen? - July 30th 2011, 06:39 PM

I'm not a dancer, but I see no reason why you can't do this if you set your heart on it and go for it. Dreams are reachable with the right amount of motivation. Keep working hard at what you do, and keep improving and you never know, anything could happen! Good luck! I must add, however, that it's not good to set your heart and soul on achieving just this and have this as your only plan. Always have a back up for something like this; something to fall back on if the worst happens. Keep going for it though!

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Could this ever happen? - July 31st 2011, 09:27 PM

Hey there,

I'm not a dancer either but like Hollie said if it's something you really want then I don't see a reason why you shouldn't be able to achieve it if you're prepared to put the hard work in.

Maybe you could go to a performing arts college to do dance when the time comes for you to go to college, that opens doors for a lot of people. Also, try looking for auditions for dancers online and going to as many of them as possible since you might get spotted

One last thing : practise, practise, practise

Good luck!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
semiunbalanced Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kimmi

Re: Could this ever happen? - July 31st 2011, 10:58 PM

I'm kind of a dancer. I dance more for myself than for anything cause I'm not that great. I didn't put much into it when I was little or even really now. xD That being said, I think if you put a lot into it you could dance professionally. I have so many dance teachers that dance in Disneyland parades, shows at various theme parks, one of them does the Rockettes which is HUGE. (: Just keep an eye out for auditions and don't ever get too discouraged. You are going to go very far if you keep reaching for that goal. (: You can go far. I know it. (:

(#5 (permalink)) Old
CAdancergirl19 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Liz

Re: Could this ever happen? - August 5th 2011, 06:10 PM

Thanks so much for all of your help. I do have several back up plans so I know what I need to do. Thanks for that you are all awesome!

Closed Thread