TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
HushedAtonement Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

No inspiration. No Motivation. Help me fix this? - August 5th 2011, 10:52 PM

So, I don't know how exactly to go on... I've not been involved in too many co-curricular activities at school, I'm not very sporty, my school being a boarding school made me quite sheltered.

I just finished the scottish Standard Grades (GCSE equivalent) and am about to enter into Sixth Form.

I have my goals. High goals, actually. I want to study English Literature at Oxford. After that, I'm not too sure. Part of me wants to be a journalist, but mostly I just want to do something with writing, because I love writing.

The problem is, I have no motivation. I spend my days doing nothing but watching tv shows and imagining getting my act together. I keep thinking about how amazing it would be if I could be the most organised person and really had the drive to do whatever I wanted. I want to be able to get up in the morning (earlier than midday x_x) and do all the work I am supposed to immediately. I want to get things done and I want to be that energetic, driven person. I want to be able to read again and love it as much as I used to and as much as I know I do, without feeling miserable or remembering something I need to do.

I want to be organised, I want to work hard and I want to be that person. But somehow I always end up not sleeping until 2 am, not waking up until midday, procrastinating on reading, writing, doing something productive, even on writing this.

I can't even decide on what I want to do next year, co-curricular wise. I have no motivation whatsoever and I'm so sick of it. Even imagining myself suceeding, making everyone proud, being happy with who I am, it doesn't make me feel motivated enough to stop imagining and start doing.

I look at my best friend and I get jealous. She knows exactly what she wants and she's doing something towards it. She works hard and she doesn't procrastinate. In that sense, she has everything I want and I just can't figure out how she does it.

Can anyone help me? Tell me or give me advice on how I can just start being the person I want to be? Something other than "just do it", because that just doesn't seem to work -.- I just keep pushing things off and I can't stop. I'm getting lost and I feel like I'm running out of time.

Help?

Closed Thread