TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
football94 Offline
Average Joe

2012 New Years Resolution - December 27th 2011, 05:06 AM

Ok so like every year I want my New Years Resolution to contain goals that seem just short of being impossible for me (i do this basically to "reach for the skies" so that even though I rarely achieve more than 40% of these goals, I still accomplish a heck of alot. For example within the last years I have accomplished about 13 of my 38 goals roughly 34% last year I got 44%. I am 17 these goals included becoming a leader of a club at school that had over 15 members, acquiring 4000$ through work and investments while achieving honoroll 3 out of 4 MP) like I said things that are possible to anyone, just that you have to work for. I also want to have goals that will set me apart from everyone else when I go to college in the fall. So i need some help. I need help trying to figure out if these are good goals, and what other goals i should add

Being more outgoing. (get 50 phone numbers symbolizing friendship)
acquiring 10,000$ through work and investing
forging a six pack
beating my 7:24 mile
make the dean's list for my college

my lists arer usually 15-30 things goals long, but last year I could only think of 9 and now I can only think of 5, but I want more because I feel bad if i dont atleast try to over achieve. Its actually part of a medical diagnosis i got a few years back called "fear of failure" in which I have to over achieve time and time again or will suffer from feeling pitiful. please i need your help

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: 2012 New Years Resolution - December 27th 2011, 02:41 PM

Even though you have less goals for yourself, it sounds like they're more meaningful and are going to make a healthier, more positive impact on your life, and I just think that's absolutely wonderful. To me, that says that you've kind of refined your idea of the person you'd like to be, and while I'm always a fan of being YOU, these to me seem like ideas for self-improvement. And that's awesome.

My roommate and I used to set new years resolutions before we got to college, but once we talked about it, we decided not to even wait til the new year! If we want to see a change in ourselves, we go ahead and try to make that change and hold each other accountable for that! The reason I mention this is because I want to ask if you have someone like that, who can hold you accountable for reaching these goals?

If not, you better sure as heck believe I'll be checkin' in with you at least once every month or so to be asking you for progress in all of these things. Celebrate the small victories, okay? Everything you achieve is important to celebrate.

Good luck!

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Re: 2012 New Years Resolution - December 27th 2011, 06:04 PM

I think my main New Years Resolution wiIl be to keep all of the great and wonderful friends that I've made this year.

I've made the greatest friends within the past four months that I could ever imagine having, and I'm so thankful for every single one of them. <3

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
kadyCHAOS Offline
sleep when your dead
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kady

Re: 2012 New Years Resolution - December 27th 2011, 06:13 PM

make a career jump. i want to be on a full time F.D. by the end of 2012 or sooner.

get big muscles. (:
no but really, i've been working towards this and i wanna put more effort into it.

start paramedic training.

hm...i think those are all my big ones.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
football94 Offline
Average Joe

Re: 2012 New Years Resolution - December 27th 2011, 11:37 PM

@katrina- yeah I like the bigger goals more too, but I do recognize the small victories and yeah I have a friend that helps me push myself, but you can make sure I'm following up . What other goals should I put on my list?
@savealife- that sounds like a great resolution.
@kadyCHAOS- thats really cool, I'm going to go for nursing this coming year

Closed Thread