TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Soul_kid Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Logan

My mom mashes acne on my face... - April 26th 2012, 09:21 PM

(Pretty sure this is the right forum...)

I know it sounds weird, but yeah. So I have bad acne, and I used this three-step face wash stuff that worked but then I ran out of one of the bottles so I stopped using it and I thought my mom would get more but she didn't. And it didn't take long for my face to flare up again.

So my mom will sometimes hold me down and use her knuckles and sometimes her fingernails to "smash" the ACNE off my face. She'll sometimes do it for a long time and won't let me up. She also does it until it bleeds sometimes. When I try to get away she'll pull me back by my hair or push me back down on the bed. When I cry and say it hurts, she tells me to stop being a whiny crybaby brat. It hurts like hell! She'll say she barely did anything when she is digging her fingernails into my FACE. When she tells me to say still I always say it hurts and she says, "You know what? You're just grumpy you crab."

I'm not being a brat and I'm not grumpy. Sometimes I'll be having a great day and she'll pull me aside and do this to me and I cry because it hurts so bad and she calls me all these names!

I also looked up some info, and found that what she's doing is just making my acne worse and when I try to tell her, she doesn't listen and just calls me a whiny brat again. She also does it like its no big deal and like its normal.

Thanks in advance
-Logan

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
-Jimi Hendrix

Last edited by Soul_kid; April 26th 2012 at 09:21 PM. Reason: change smiley

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: My mom mashes acne on my face... - April 27th 2012, 01:36 AM

Hey Logan,
You are definately not a brat or grumpy and what is happening to you is not normal. This is definitely a form of abuse and is not acceptable. Have you reached out to anyone in your life you can trust such as a teacher, counselor, or respective family member? Something like this should not be kept a secret especially because you never know if she may start being abusive in other ways. Until you can get some professional help maybe you could try buying the bottle of lotion yourself if you have the money so that maybe it would stop her. Again though, you definitely need to get help because no one deserves to be hurt.
Hang in there.

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SM13 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: My mom mashes acne on my face... - April 28th 2012, 12:59 PM

Hey there

My mother does the exact same thing to me and my brother. She yells at us and she forces me to lay down on my bed while she holds me down and mashes it out of my face with her long sharp nails. And when she can't get it put with her nails she digs it out with a needle. It really hurts. This post probably isn't that helpful on advice but it can be comforting to know that you are not alone in your situation. I'm not sure what to tell you that you should do because I don't know what to do in my situation. I'm sorry that you are going thru this and hope that it stops soon. If you ever need anything feel free to PM me.

Best Wishes
~SM~

Closed Thread