TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
uke Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I have to see my abuser every day... - May 14th 2012, 11:55 PM

So I don't want to go into detail for triggering purposes, but I was abused sexually, physically, and emotionally by my ex girlfriend. Now, I see her every day at school. I have told my therapist and a close teacher about it, but there isn't much anyone can do and I haven't had the opportunity to talk to either of them about it recently. It's getting to be a lot to handle because I see my ex every day at school. She always stands really close to me, calls me cute, compliments me, and insists on talking to me. We're working on a show together so I know that until the show goes up this week I have to communicate with her, at least about the show, but it's just becoming way too much and now she thinks it's okay to talk to me about things not related to the show. I don't know how to handle seeing her every day. Just looking at her makes me nauseous and I want to curl up into a ball and die every time she talks to me. I try to ignore her but I don't know how I'm supposed to deal with seeing her. I graduate in a month but I'm just having a really hard time hanging in there until then...
Any sort of advice? I'd really appreciate it. I just feel so alone and helpless and sad about it lately...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: I have to see my abuser every day... - May 15th 2012, 03:45 AM

I've never dealt with such a thing before and I don't really know anyone else that has. All the advice I can offer is to try your hardest to avoid her. Go opposite ways from her to classes at school, if she takes the bus take a different bus or get your parent to come get you, just you know, try anything. Im sorry though=( I cant imagine how difficult that must be. I'm always here if you need someone to talk to.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Re: I have to see my abuser every day... - May 16th 2012, 01:45 AM

I'm sorry that you have to go through all of this and that you had to deal with that. I know it may seem harsh, but have you considered a restraining order? Or an Order of Protection? It seems like it would make it easier on you and considering the types of abuse you dealt with a court will most likely be perfectly fine in approving of it. Then you would not have to work with her, and although I'm not sure of all the details, it will make it illegal for her to be in contact with you at least to a certain point. It also depends on where you live what the Restraining Orders and Orders of Protection cover, but I suggest possibly looking into it, especially seeing as how much she is bothering you mentally/emotionally.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Lea

Re: I have to see my abuser every day... - May 25th 2012, 02:30 PM

I'm in a similar situation with my ex boyfriend and I don't know if this is something you can do, but you could perhaps find alternate routes to your classes that cut back the amount of time you would have to see her. I'm really sorry, I know how awful it is to have to face them everyday. Be strong, and good luck.

-I'll Paint You A Picture, One With A Twist, I'll Paint It In Red, With The Canvas On My Wrist-

Closed Thread