TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kaylyn

I can't sleep at night. - May 15th 2012, 04:51 AM

The abuse started when I was eight.
He was my father. Well, he still is. By blood.
It went on for five years. Five years, my dad abused me sexually.
When I was thirteen, I finally told my mom.
We didn't press charges. I still, to this day, do not regret my decision in not pressing charges.

Lately, though, I've been dreaming of him. I can constantly feel his greedy hands...

How the hell am I supposed to sleep, if he won't even let me breathe?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: I can't sleep at night. - May 15th 2012, 02:52 PM

Hey there.

I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that but I'm glad that you've told your mom and got away. It's okay to not press charges. A lot of people don't and if you thought it's what was best, then it probably was. To address your dreams and the feelings, I think it'd be best to talk to someone. Someone such as a therapist or counsellor. Talking about what happened to you will be beneficial to you and they may give you coping techniques for the dreams and lack of sleep. If you don't think that a counsellor is an option, you can use at home techniques. Some things that I've found help me is going for a run right before bed - it relaxes my mind and well, it exhausts me, so that way I sleep with no thoughts. Another thing that helps is Yoga/Pilates. It's designed as meditation to relax the mind, body, muscles, etc. and it really does help. Writing is also another great technique. What I like to do is write out the flashback and burn the paper. To me, it symbolizes letting go and moving on. Although it's not that easy, as time goes on it does get easier.

Take care, I'm here if you ever need to talk.

Britt.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kate
Location: In my happy place, where happiness lives forever more.

Re: I can't sleep at night. - May 15th 2012, 04:11 PM

I'm sorry your dad abused you! That sick and mean... I know how you feel with those thoughts and you feel uncomfortable about what happen... I hope this helped.

You try and listen to music, something calming and pray to God to keep the thoughts from coming back, also if you are in prayer you might fall asleep, leading him to put you into a restful slumber.

I hope all work out well and that advice works...

I do the praying as I am a believer.

You also have my email if you ever need to speak with me.

"It's easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb, it's so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone."- Linkin Park, Easier to run

"When the nightmares take me, I will scream with the howling wind." Owl City, Lonely Lullaby

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful Lie Offline
Average Joe

Name: Nicole

Re: I can't sleep at night. - May 16th 2012, 06:32 PM

I can relate to what you are saying about the abuse and the sleepless nights it will get better but it takes time, if you ever need someone to talk to Im here just PM me.
Stay strong things will get better in the end. <3

Giving up doesn't mean your weak sometimes it means that your strong enough to let go <3

Today isn't just another day, today I'll create something beautiful <3

Always feel free to VM/PM/Email me for anything always happy to help the best I can
  Send a message via MSN to Beautiful Lie Send a message via Skype™ to Beautiful Lie 
Closed Thread