TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
dsalc Offline
dsalc
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,536, Level: 11 Points: 6,536, Level: 11 Points: 6,536, Level: 11

boyfriend needs help - August 29th 2013, 03:01 PM

my boyfreind lives in florida. we've been together a week and we're really into each other. he recently told me his dad, who he lives with hits him. im trying to help him get out of there, but its hard bc neither of us has a job-im at a homeless shelter and just got out of jail-on probation, and cant leave the state, or even the property-leg moniter. we both have special needs and i need to help him. we need a place for him to stay up here. help.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Name: Michelle
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 20,045, Level: 20 Points: 20,045, Level: 20 Points: 20,045, Level: 20

Re: boyfriend needs help - August 29th 2013, 03:28 PM

Not really sure what you can do since you yourself are in a homeless shelter. If he reports whats going on and is able to get out then you 2 could probably work on something to get together. Sorry I'm probably not much help but hopefully I've given some sort of an idea.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Satine Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 8,452, Level: 13 Points: 8,452, Level: 13 Points: 8,452, Level: 13

Re: boyfriend needs help - August 29th 2013, 03:56 PM

My guess is that since he is being hit like this, his best bet is to report it to the police. Whether they actively help or not he is producing something called a paper trail. This means that if his father hits him again, there will already be evidence that it has happened before.

This is a good way to prove that he needs support from the state.

I don't know what support services are in his area but if he asks the police then they should be able to direct him to somewhere he can get more help. It is worth him looking for financial help, housing and any kind of personal support he can get.

Is his disability something that requires extra help? If so, what extra? I suggest he looks for help with that too.

It is important that no matter where he is - living with his father or living somewhere else - that he has friends to stay in touch with. You, for now at least, are part of that support. He will certainly need more contact with people so if you can encourage him to meet people then that will also help him feel happier and stronger.

Good luck, to both of you.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
dsalc Offline
dsalc
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,536, Level: 11 Points: 6,536, Level: 11 Points: 6,536, Level: 11

Re: boyfriend needs help - August 30th 2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satine View Post

Is his disability something that requires extra help? If so, what extra? I suggest he looks for help with that too.
hes schizophrenic and mmr; i have ptsd and aspberger's; so, yeah, hell need extra help
Closed Thread