TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Peter Pan Offline
New Memeber
Not a n00b

Name: Peter Pan

Points: 6,359, Level: 11 Points: 6,359, Level: 11 Points: 6,359, Level: 11

Maybe - a boy at school - May 17th 2014, 01:43 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

A boy at school keeps in touch me on my upper legs under the table when we have classes together, he has only gone up to my upper leg. I don't really want it, but I am scared to say no because he is like one of the only friends that I have, So I don't want to lose the couple of friends that I do have, I know he is gay well he says he is which is fine but I am not, Do I say anything? Its not like he is hurting me or anything, although I am kind of worried that it will lead to anything more. He does joke about me being naked in PE but has never done anything. To be honest, I enjoy the attention that I am getting but I don't want this to be another abusive situation that I can't control anymore. Already been abused twice, he did it in church this morning, which is why I am asking what I should do. Is he just messing around or is it something else? Thanks,

Lewisje
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DemonQueen Offline
amber_teh_shark since 2004
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Points: 15,178, Level: 17 Points: 15,178, Level: 17 Points: 15,178, Level: 17

Re: Maybe - a boy at school - May 17th 2014, 08:31 PM

If the way/where is he touching you is making you feel uncomfortable then you need to tell him to stop. I know that you say you don't want to lose the only friends you have but I would rather lose them because I'm sticking up for myself, instead of losing them because it becomes abusive in some way. Stand up for yourself, tell him to stop touching you that way, and continue being friends with him.

I've been through hell and back and came out stronger than ever.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Peter Pan Offline
New Memeber
Not a n00b

Re: Maybe - a boy at school - May 18th 2014, 03:12 AM

I will tru and stand up for myself, hopefully he will understand and we can still be friendsd
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Maybe - a boy at school - May 19th 2014, 03:54 AM

Hey there,

You need to stand up for yourself. If this person is truly your friend he will be understanding of what you want and will be respectful of your wishes. I know that it can be hard to stand up for yourself because you are afraid of losing your friends. But, you don't want friends in your life that you can't voice your opinions with. You need to be able to voice you likes and dislikes and have people respect that. If this boy gets upset with you then he isn't worth keeping as a friend.

If you need anything please feel free to message me.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

Re: Maybe - a boy at school - May 19th 2014, 04:27 AM

I agree with the people above me. If the touching is making you uncomfortable then you should tell him to stop and that it is making you uncomfortable. If he is a true friend he will respect your wishes and stop doing it and still be your friend. If he doesn't still want to be your friend that he wasn't a true friend to begin with. I would rather be safe and comfortable then in danger and uncomfortable wouldn't you??
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Peter Pan Offline
New Memeber
Not a n00b

Re: Maybe - a boy at school - May 19th 2014, 06:01 PM

I just need more confidence to say something, nothing happened this week but I had no classes with him. I will say something but maybe talk to my therapist to work out what to say first. I don't have many frriends as it is. I want to feel comfortable around him because I do like him I just don't want him to touch me anymore.
Closed Thread