TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Friends and Family (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f18-friends-family/)
-   -   Parents (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f18-friends-family/t141277-parents/)

AbuseVictim October 21st 2015 08:53 AM

Parents

I'm 10 y/o, get all A's at school, but when I come home, I dread it because my parents constantly hit me, call names, etc. I try my best to be a great child and never lie, but if I do the smallest thing wrong, they abuse me. I've considered suicide, since when they hurt me, it hurts for days on end. I don't want to speak to them about it because I am too scared.

What do I do?

David Armes October 21st 2015 08:57 AM

Re: Parents

Hi buddy

Well done for telling us, you should be very proud. You have done nothing wrong and as long as you don't die, you will be doing the right things.

I would tell school and get them to call the police and get this investigated.

Keep calm and report this abuse.

Take care

Philomath October 21st 2015 02:33 PM

Hi, welcome to TeenHelp! :)

You do not in anyway deserve to be beaten or hurt in anyway by your parents. If there is a teacher you trust at school, talk to them about what you are going through at home so that you can get help.
If there are any neighbors you trust, you can talk to them or even a relative.
If you have bruises or other signs of abuse on your body, it could help for you to go to your school nurse so that she can document them and they can be a part of the report.
If you are in immediate danger, call your county police services.
You can get through this. Stay strong and keep talking to people about what you are going through so that you can get the support you need.
We are all here for you on TeenHelp and we will support you as best as we can.
Keep us updated.

I am going to be editing your post by removing the triggering prefix and moving this thread to the Rape and Abuse forum because it fits best there.
If you have any questions about the editing or moving of the thread you can send me a private message and I will reply.
Take care.

hocus pocus October 22nd 2015 06:03 AM

I know it can be really hard to reach out and I'm so proud of you for taking that first step in telling us about this. Do not talk to your parents about this. They will not acknowledge that what they're doing is wrong and talking to them about this can cause them to harm you more. Your parents are not safe and your home environment isn't safe either. Like it's already been said, you need to talk to someone you trust so they can help you get away from your parents. I suggest talking to someone at school, explaining your situation and letting them know that it is unsafe to return to your house. The best thing for you right now is to be out of harm's way and I hope you're able to reach out to someone.

You're more than welcome to PM me and I would be happy to help you set up a plan and figure out how to reach out.
:hug:

Palmolive November 1st 2015 11:16 AM

Hi there.

I am so sorry you are going through this. You don't need to try to be good enough. You already are. What your parents are doing to you is wrong and you don't deserve to be going through this at all. None of this is down to you. None of this is your fault and you don't deserve what you are going through, okay? I know that might be hard to believe but you have to trust me in this.

I suggest you talk to someone you can trust. Speaking to a teacher sounds like a brilliant idea to me. Explain what is happening and going on and how you are feeling about it all and let them in and let them help you okay?

If you ever want to talk, feel free to shoot me a PM. I'm always here,
Jessie

Unusualderp November 6th 2015 04:27 AM

Wow, I would call the police!