TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Butter Offline
Appears at the worst times
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Butter or Bratwurst

Points: 5,712, Level: 11 Points: 5,712, Level: 11 Points: 5,712, Level: 11

Question Boyfriend is upset over lack of physical friends - July 11th 2016, 06:21 AM

My boyfriend, as dear as he may be, has never been very popular or well liked around school. Beyond that, he never really saw anyone as "friend material." The people who liked the same things he did were very annoying and embarrassing, and everyone else either didn't have common interests or wasn't a very friendly person. I'm really his only friend, which he admits.

A few years back, he made friends with a bunch of Canadians who had grown up together. They're all very close, but my boyfriend is the only one who doesn't live within 15 minutes of eachother. He loves them dearly.

Despite this though, he feels like an outsider. They regularly get together to drink and screw around, and he never thought much Of it until he went up and was able to participate.

He feels like he's never been granted "true friends" and is incredible depressed at the thought of going back to a solely Internet based relationship with them.

I knew this conversation had been coming, but he caught me off guard. Is there any advice as to what I can say to him to help him cope? We plan to move to Canada for unrelated reasons but that won't happen for 6 years at least.
Closed Thread