TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I'm a fucking spaz
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: 3mily

Question nervous about reporting. - June 27th 2016, 05:08 PM

hey again. loser me.

Just two days ago, my mom hit me in front of my friends, who i had over at my house. i screamed when i was hit, and apparently it freaked my friends out. they saw me crying and heard my mom yell some really abusive things at me. When i finally stopped crying, my mom said that if i said anything to my friends, that she would do worse to me. But my friends didnt care. they pryed and pryed until i broke down and told them. I told them everything thats been happening the last few months, how my mom hits me a lot, and says things like hey just heard a little too often. how my home life is the source of my cutting and a major source of my depression. My friends asked me why i was putting up with this, and why i hadnt reported it. They told me no one should live like this. Home is supposed to be a safe place to live and be yourself, not to live in fear every waking second. I told them i was scared. what would my mom do if she found out i had her reported? My friends said that enough was enough. They had heard me scream, and heard the things my mom said. if I didnt report it, they would. besides, the police wont tell my mom who called, it could have been them, or their parents, or any number of people. enough is enough.

so we called. I told a nice social worker lady what had been happening, and she filed the report for me. my friends were happy i finallly did something about it.

but im super nervous. what do i do? any help anyone? i havent seen or heard from a social worker since the call. Help?

"Those who aim to avoid their fate, often meet it on the road to escape."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: nervous about reporting. - June 30th 2016, 11:28 AM

I'm so sorry to hear how your mum has treated you. You aren't a loser, by the way. I'm really glad that your friends got you to open up, listened to you and supported you. They are right that you shouldn't have to live like that as home should be a safe and supportive environment.

I'm glad that you called the social worker and a report was filed. I'm not entirely sure what happens next, but the social worker should get in touch with you or your mother at some point. If not, there's no harm in calling back and asking how things are going. I'm not entirely sure of the process, and it does depend on where you live, but in some cases, the social worker may talk to you and your mother, to get a better idea of the situation and see what can be done to prevent further things from happening. As you rightly said, you can have anonymity and your mother wont know who called, as your friends were over and heard what happened too.

Keep us up to date with things!

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Feby1955 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: nervous about reporting. - July 12th 2016, 05:51 AM

I am sorry for you. At least you have your friends to support you. And don't call yourself a loser.

Closed Thread