TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cruxlam Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Is my mom abusive? - March 29th 2017, 02:44 AM

Dhes hit me, like ever since i was little. She lost her older daughter and younger do divorce. Im the middle boy. Shes hit me since then (like 2 or 3). Like really hard. And its not just that, its i thought it was nirmal. I realized it wasnt at 11 or 12. Im 14 now. She threatened to kill me if i told anyone. Of course i told my good friend i could trust. She cant help buuut. My dad is an invalid so i cant live with him. Ive cut and almost attempted suicide multiple times after realizing this. What should i do

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Is my mom abusive? - March 29th 2017, 06:05 AM

Yes, this is abuse.

The best advice I can give is that you tell an authority figure about what is going on. It might start the process of getting you into a less abusive household.

I know it might be scary to open up about this because she has threatened you but it's probably in your best interest to tell someone who can try and help you get to a safer place.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
dontselfharm Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: jordan

Re: Is my mom abusive? - March 29th 2017, 06:25 PM

im very sorry to hear what has happend to you but you shouldnt have to live with being hit. your mother probarbly started this because she went trough the pain of loosing your older sister and you didnt know what was going on so she took it out on you or because the pain was to much to handle she took it out on you

do you have any other family members you could live with? or is there a teacher ypu could go and talk to about the abuse. in the mean time try thinking about yiur cutting and attemps of suicide . you could look at ways of stopping like the 15min game you want to SH so you put a timer on for 15 mins ( when you feel like you really neeed to do it put the timer of for a little bit longer than 15 mins to start with) thenwhen the timer has finnished if you don t feel like doing it any more then put it on for 5-10 mins but if you still have the urges then put it on for another 15 mins

i hope this has helped you out i hope everything gets better. if you ever need to talk dm me im always here to listen and to advise

Closed Thread