TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
raynab Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rayna

Is my mom molesting me or teaching me? - December 6th 2017, 03:08 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Okay so first instance of 'abuse', my mom would touch my 'downstairs lady parts' when i was little and told me what they were called. Whenever I go bra shopping she puts her hand inside my bra and cups my 'upstairs lady parts' to make sure it fits. She also used to drag me by my ears when I was younger.

Okay now my dad, this one is simple, he hit me a couple days ago, but only once. It didn't leave a bruise but it hurt.

I know people have it way worse which is why I don't consider it abuse. Is it abuse?

BTW all of this happened after I told them to stop or not to do it again, obviously

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Your Local Weirdo
Not a n00b

Name: Kitty

Re: Is my mom molesting me or teaching me? - December 6th 2017, 02:19 PM

Well based on your post, Since you said this happened after you told them to stop then yes i think your mother is sexually assaulting you, Does she keep on doing it still? Have you told her to stop and she still keeps on doing it?
And from your father if he hits you and he won't stop then yes thats considered abuse. If he ever hits you and your bleeding or have any bruise i advice to report it , or just call the police.

I hope this advice worked,

~Kitty

Do you know how hard it is to write on a flip phone, huh?- Kim Seokjin
-------------------------------------------------------You call that ass you're own we call that silicone, silly girls, with silly boys- Melanie Martinez ( Sippy Cup )

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: Is my mom molesting me or teaching me? - December 6th 2017, 02:24 PM

It's inappropriate and could be abusive.

There was no need for your mom to touch your body to teach you what certain parts were called. She could've given you that information in terms of talking about it or given you a book that has labelled parts of the body. And the same with bra shopping, there was no need for her to touch your breasts to see if the bra fits. If she wanted to be sure that the bra fits she could've asked you if you think it fitted or it if it was too small/big, or take you to be professionally fitted to be sure.

Dragging you by the ears and hitting you could be considered as physical abuse. It may have been the once, it may not have left a mark, but there was no need for it. Even if it was supposed to be a punishment for something, there are other ways of to discipline children without needing to physically hurt them.

It's good that you told your parents not to do it again, and I'm sorry to hear that they didn't listen to you. But even if you hadn't told them, they have no right to touch you or treat you like that.

When it comes to abuse, it doesn't matter if others have it worse or not. What matters is how you feel about it.

Do these things still happen? You may want to consider trying to avoid going bra shopping with your mom and tell someone that you trust about how your parents treat you instead.

HelpLINK Mentor ~HelpLINK Moderator~Forum Moderator ~Live Help access
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Broken crayons still color.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Is my mom molesting me or teaching me? - December 6th 2017, 03:19 PM

It sounds like your parents are abusing you. As it has been said, there is no reason for your mom to touch your body to tell you what your different body parts are called. She could have educated you about your body in a different way. There is also no reason for her to touch your breasts to see if the bra fits; it seems like she could be using that as an excuse to touch you.

These different things that have been done to you are entirely inappropriate and there's no excuse for that kind of behavior. Perhaps you could consider talking to someone you trust about what you're going through.

In the meantime, maybe you can find a healthy outlet to express your feelings so you don't have to keep them inside your mind. You can write or express yourself through art, for example. You can do this.

Feel free to let me know if you need anything.

Articles & Resources Officer|Senior Newsletter Editor|Forum & Community Moderator

The wild woman has
a deep love of nature,
a love for the ancient mother,
though possibly misunderstood,
it has always been her.
When she goes into
the wilderness
a part
of her soul is going home.
-Shikoba-

(#5 (permalink)) Old
~Abibliophobe~ Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Is my mom molesting me or teaching me? - December 7th 2017, 08:09 AM

Personally, yes, I think that this is abusive. There are people who have a lot of trouble respecting boundaries and their disregard for those boundaries is abusive or comes really close.

You expressed to them that you did not want them to continue doing these thing and they chose to disregard that. The fact is that even if your parents did not believe that what they were doing was wrong, they should be acknowledging that you are uncomfortable and try to respect your boundaries.

I think that you should consider finding a trusted adult to talk to about all of this. You deserve to have adults in your life who will support you and try and help you get to a better place.

I am wishing you the best of luck.

Do you love books or are you having trouble finding books to read? Come check out my blog where I will discuss all things books:
https://abibliophobe1989.wordpress.com/blog/
If you like what you see please follow!