TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KaYlA_jOe Offline
I WANNA LIVE IN walmart!!
Not a n00b

Name: KrAzY kAyLa

Exclamation He makes me uncomfortable. - July 11th 2018, 06:54 PM

So i just started back at a job. I had left 6 months ago to move with my boyfriend and his mom. Well i had to move back home due to some unfortunate circustances. Well my boyfriend and his mom came back with me. We are still happy and have a healthy relationship. Yes its trying but all relationships are.

Anyway i started back and my GM has never respected my relationship. He always told me i needed to break up with him and find a real man. He and his wife just got divorced and he keeps saying how we need to run away together and i just awkwardly laugh it off and go on. Then he hugs me all the time. Saying he needs a “love hug”. Hes been asking me if i know any women he cal “dick down” or any women “dtf”.

This time around he has even less respect for our realationship. Like he does t even call my SO by his name its usually “ole boy” or “boy” he knows his name. He just chooses not to use it for some reason. If my SO comes in he says not to doddle but if someone elses comes im he is super sweet to them.

Im 100% honest with my boyfriend and i tell him everything that goes on. Hes not the jealous type at all. One of the shops i work for had a really sweet guy that when i was having a bad day would wrap me up in a bear hug and give me a kiss on the cheek. But in that situation it didnt bother me or make me feel uncomfortable. My SO thought it was sweet too because he trusts me and i told him about it. Plus we have always had a brother sister relationship because my older brother is a POS. I feel like its a double standard because i dont care if he does it but i dont want ny GM to.

But with my GM he is a 50 year old man who i am not confortable with hugging me, asking me to run away with him, telling me i need to leave my SO, or all the other stuff he says to me. I feel like if i say anything to him about it hes just going to flip out on me because hes that type of person. I just needed opinions on the situation before i said anything to the assistant manager about it. I dont want to make a fuss or cause drama but im not wanting to keep enduring this either.

My SO said if he keeps on he is going to personally file harrassment charges because my realtionship should not be talked about or disrespected in that way. In a way i feel like im responsible for all this because i wont tell him to stop. Any advice would be appreciated.

So RANDOM!!
IM THE KINDA GIRL EVERYONE WANTS TO BE BUT IS AFRIAD CAUSE THEY DON'T WANNA STICK OUT IN A CROWD!!!
  Send a message via MSN to KaYlA_jOe  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Latte Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: He makes me uncomfortable. - July 11th 2018, 11:23 PM

I am glad to hear that your SO isn't the jealous type. It would be a very inappropriate reaction in this situation as what you're experiencing sounds like textbook workplace sexual harassment.

I think you should absolutely speak with the assistant manager; you should start documenting the incidents. too. This isn't ok! You can let the assistant manager know that this has been going on for a while but that you've been afraid to tell them because of the reasons you've listed in your post. If you're business has an HR department, you can also go to them. I hope that the assistant manager has the good sense to handle this appropriately too; you might want to ask to be appraised of whatever they do next just do you don't get caught off guard if your GM reacts badly.

You deserve a safe work place and this creep might be harassing other women the same way too, so if you bring it up you might even be protecting other women.

Try to be tactful and weigh your assistant managers reactions before you get to vicious in your description though; I've dealt with workplace bullies before and in my experience, when reporting, it's best to glide in slowly, make sure they're going to be on your side before saying anything that'll get back to the person you're reporting on if you don't have support. Though, I hope the assistant manager is one of the good ones.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
KaYlA_jOe Offline
I WANNA LIVE IN walmart!!
Not a n00b

Name: KrAzY kAyLa

Re: He makes me uncomfortable. - July 12th 2018, 03:15 AM

So I tried to talk to my AM today and seemed like every time I did my GM would just pop up. I’m really great friends with him. We became friends fast because for the longest time I rode to work with him. I was texting him the other day and told him I had something I wanted to talk to him in person about. I also didn’t want to make waves. I did tell him that if the problem persists I will talk to him. I know for sure the GM will not be in Saturday. My mother in law found out that he’s been calling him “boy” and not by his name and she was livid. Also the other day I asked to go to lunch at 1 because my SO was there and he said, “You only wanna go cause ole boy is here. No you can’t I’m going now.” Then when he saw him leave he came to tell me I could just call him and go at 2. We don’t live in town, he went on home. I got so mad I went into a panic attack. Then he didn’t go to lunch for another 30 minutes and today he went at 2. Also in the past he has told me that I need to tell my “boy” he’s not allowed to hang out. But today one of my coworkers girlfriend was there for two hours.

I’m just scared that if I tell my AM that the whole store would turn on me. I’m just at a loss because I know this isn’t right. We all know that this isn’t right. But if I do anything about it, I’m screwed. Like that’s how I feel. Like if I do tell the truth and it gets back to him I’m done for.

So RANDOM!!
IM THE KINDA GIRL EVERYONE WANTS TO BE BUT IS AFRIAD CAUSE THEY DON'T WANNA STICK OUT IN A CROWD!!!
  Send a message via MSN to KaYlA_jOe  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Lindiana Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: He makes me uncomfortable. - July 19th 2018, 06:30 AM

There are a lot of people who peep into others lives and try to give advice. The fact will be those persons will not be having a good family life. So what we can do is..just ignore them. Live a happy life. Love your as well as your BF's parents. As it is a life there can be issues. But don't take all those serious.

Closed Thread