TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TwistofFate_07 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Ashley

Does this count? - November 30th 2018, 11:21 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

When I was 8 or 9 I would go to my friend's house and her older sister who was like 16 or 17 would make me do something that i wasn't comfortable with. I remember her calling me into the kitchen and making me grind against her. She was crouched against the corner and i was in the same position. I can't remember if my pants were down or if hers was. I never told anyone except my current therapist because i was afraid of her. I can't remember how many times it happened but i know that it happened more than once. I sometimes have flashbacks about it.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Does this count? - December 1st 2018, 12:18 PM

I'm sorry to hear about what you went through when you were younger.

It could count as sexual assault as your friend's older sister was older and should've known better. She took advantage of the fact that you were younger and didn't have any knowledge of sexual activity at that point.

Inappropriate sexual behaviour from a teenager can happen for many reasons and can sometimes be a bit complicated. But whatever the reason behind the behaviour, it doesn't excuse what happened to you and how it made you feel.

It's understandable that you wouldn't feel like telling many people, but I'm glad you did tell your current therapist about what happened. I hope your therapist can help you process what happened and the flashbacks and emotions that it brings up for you

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: No Name

Re: Does this count? - December 1st 2018, 02:51 PM

The key words in your post is you were uncomfortable in the situation so yes it does count. You as being so young were put into a situation probably not even know what the Hell you were doing. It is definitely sexual assault. I am glad you were able to report this to your therapist. You are your voice that can make these things clear and also help yourself and others.

Closed Thread