TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
fadingSCARlet Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Essibaay

Unhappy im worried about my friend - July 1st 2009, 04:03 AM

okay so like i think my best friend is heading down the wrong path.
I've tried helping but she doesnt listen. she's turned to having sex with anyone just for the affection, to feel important i guess? or loved? but i can't help thinking her past has triggered this..
when she was 11, her dad raped her. she told her mom and she didnt believe her. can that be a reason for her to be having sex with almost complete strangers? i love her unconditionally but im worried she's gonna take it too far and something bad might happen. i mean.. she JUST turned 15 in may.

ANY advice would be appreciated.
thanks.
  Send a message via AIM to fadingSCARlet Send a message via MSN to fadingSCARlet  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Elizabeth Offline
Just keep swimming!
I've been here a while

Name: Elizabeth

Re: im worried about my friend - July 1st 2009, 04:24 AM

Hi,

First, I'm glad to say your friend has someone like you who is there to support her and cares her about her enough. You are a good friend for trying to help her.
I think the next step you need to take is to talk to an adult about your friend being raped. I'm glad that she got up the courage to tell her mother and I'm sorry that she wasn't able to get the help she needed. Maybe you could talk to a teacher, neighbor, counselor, or other trusted adult about what happened to you friend. I think that it would be healthy for her to talk to a professional to help her sort out her feelings. She very could well being having sex to feel loved and is using it as an alternative. Try to be there for her and listen to what she has to say. Even if you don't know what to say, listening can make all the difference.
I hope everything turns out alright for you and friend. Remember Teenhelp is here for either of you if you ever need someone to talk to.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BlessSpecies Offline
Adam Was a Rough Draft
Average Joe

Name: Jessica

Re: im worried about my friend - July 1st 2009, 05:02 AM

There could be many reasons for her philandering.

I'm sorry to tell you, but all you can do for her is really just be there for her and make sure she stays safe. I'm sure you've expressed your concern to her; she knows this, but she's still doing what she thinks she must do. I know the feeling of wanting to be loved... and doing it in all the wrong ways. Let her know there are better ways to find love.

Also... on that keeping safe thing...
Make sure she has everything she needs to stay safe. Condoms, BCP, etc... I doubt she'll do this but she should really make sure the guy she's with doesn't have STD's before she has sex with them =/ (can be done easily at a local clinic).

Unfortunately she'll probably have to learn her lesson on her own... and a lot of pain will come with this. Just be by her side...

Its sad to hear that =/ I hope everything works out!

"I'm not old enough to understand girls."
"Heh, I don't think anybody lives THAT long."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
fadingSCARlet Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Essibaay

Re: im worried about my friend - July 1st 2009, 08:41 AM

thanks for the advicee.

Biting your tongue,

Faking all your smiles
Aren't gonna always work.
  Send a message via AIM to fadingSCARlet Send a message via MSN to fadingSCARlet  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Re: im worried about my friend - July 1st 2009, 07:08 PM

Hello, it's really sad to hear about your friend in this situation. It is also very sad to hear about her past. It's always hard going through something that traumatizing, and not having anyone believe you. It's great to know that she has good friends like you though. Everybody should have a best friend there for them.
I think that your friend may be going through this phase because she wants to be noticed, or she wants someone to be there for her. She also just may like the way it makes her feel, since in our generation, having sex comes off as "cool."
I would think that with her past, having sex is something she would stay away from. If that happened to me, I would avoid any intimacy becase it would bring back too many memories.
I hope that your friend is just going through a phase. You should talk to her and tell her how you feel.
I hope all goes well.
Sincerely,
Savealife723
(Kayla)

Closed Thread