TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ibiza Offline
*Lush*
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alicia "Ibiza" Marie

Lightbulb my story : ( (hopefully this will help someone too.) - July 29th 2009, 01:47 AM

(sorry this may be long) ***may be triggering******

My parents got divorced when i was 2, and my mom and i jumped around alot after that staying at the house of who ever she was sleeping with at the time (she is also a meth addict), I was mollested a few time by different men. and when i was about 9 my mother married my step dad. I didnt mind him so much he would hit my with his knuckles on my forhead when i didnt listen, but it never went beyond that, until my real dad passed away when i was 15.
I think my step dad was always afraid of my dad or somthing...anyway after he passed away my step dad started taking everything out on me. If i so much as breathed in his direction i'd end up with a black eye. I finally got the courage after one paticular incident that left me with a concusion to go to my school counsaler, who called the police. When the police showed up they took my statement and called my mother, my mother insisted that i was making it up, that sence my dad died i had been "acting out" and making things up.
The cop believed her.
So the abuse went on untill i turned 18, and got the hell out of there, i house hopped for a while until finally settling down with my current boyfriend.

But the abuse has left me scared and i wanted to write this for all the people out there facing this kind of situation, the cops are NO help, no matter who you tell noone believes you, and your mother is and inhibitor to it all, everyone should know that just becuase noone believes you doesnt mean you cant get away from it! I dont condone running away, but dont stand for it!
Get the hell out of there, MAKE the change happen even if noone will help you.
Things may seem bleak, but you can do it! anyway..i hope someone can benifit from this : )

~*Perception is a world wide epidemic.*~

(#2 (permalink)) Old
CherriesBlossom Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Katie

Re: my story : ( (hopefully this will help someone too.) - July 29th 2009, 10:43 PM

im sorry you had to live like that and the cops didnt do something about it.
i think your mom just didnt want your step dad to leave her and didnt want to
believe that the man she loved hurt her daughter in that way.

i think the cops can help but you had a very unfortunate situation.
i do believe that if this does happen to you, you shouldnt stand for it.
you should get help from a friend and stay there of stay with a family member.

im sorry this happened to you, what he did was wrong.
i know your scared now but you will survive and be happy once again.
  Send a message via AIM to CherriesBlossom  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ibiza Offline
*Lush*
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alicia "Ibiza" Marie

Re: my story : ( (hopefully this will help someone too.) - July 30th 2009, 12:40 AM

actually that was point in writing in, i WAS scared, i didnt want my family torn apart, i felt like by going to the cops i was wrong, even though they didnt help.
But now,
when i turned 18 and got out of there i had power back over my own life. And i wanted to inspire younger people going through this who have tried to get help but somone failed them (like CPS and the san diego PD did to me) to stand up and help themselves.
If no one believes you,
If no one will help,
it doesnt matter how old you,
what power you think you do or dont have,
DONT stand for it, (i do not condone "running away" like that) But get the hell out of there, stay with family, go to a shelter (shelters HAVE to take you and HAVE to believe you, even if they think your lieing if you say your scared and dont want to go back they WILL help)
You have options!!! dont stay, your strong no matter how you feel you ARE capable of helping yourself, and dont let anyone tell you other wise : )

~*Perception is a world wide epidemic.*~

Closed Thread