TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ShannaMarie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

my abuse. - October 11th 2009, 02:23 AM

Hai.
I am Shanna.

My father abuses me whenever he is drunk
or whenever he is pissed at me for no reason.

I have tons of bruises.

I dont really know what to do because i dont want
him arrested if i call the cops and i dont like telling people
buut i really need help.
I just need someone I can talk to.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

Re: my abuse. - October 11th 2009, 03:44 AM

Maybe you should stay with a friend or family member because he is hurting you?

Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: my abuse. - October 11th 2009, 04:00 AM

Hi there Shanna,

Welcome to TeenHelp I'm really glad that you are here.

I am so incredibly sorry to hear about what you are going through. I want you to know, first of all, that this is NOT your fault. I don't know if blame is something you struggle with, but just in case, it is never okay for someone to hurt you the way your father is hurting you--no matter what you do or say, and no matter what he drinks.

You do definitely need help. And reaching out can seem like the absolute scariest thing in the whole entire universe. But it's worth it to make this abuse stop. Imagine not having to live in fear, and being taken care of instead of beaten up, and not having to worry about being hurt. It's possible, Shanna. The good news is that you don't have to go directly to the police. There are plenty of adults who can do all of the work for you. All you need to do is tell an adult who will listen. A good place to start is usually at school. A teacher, school nurse, or guidance counselor are all people who will listen to you and do what needs to be done to help you. You don't have to tell your friends if you don't want to, but if you think it might make it easier, you could tell a friend and have them come with you to support you when you talk to the adult.

Again, I know how scary this must seem, Shanna--but you're right, you do need help, and you want it. And you deserve it. Please reach out ASAP. It's hard but so worth it. I promise. Know that we are all here to support you, okay? And if you need anything or want to talk, you can always PM me.

Take good care of yourself.
<3

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_mind Offline
counsellor @ positive mind
Average Joe

Name: chantel

Re: my abuse. - October 11th 2009, 09:07 AM

Hi,
It's wrong that he hurts you. Is there someone you can stay with? Maybe calling the cops on him would give him a wake up call so he can see that he is hurting you. Have you told your mum about it?? I think its important to keep you safe and telling someone is the best thing you can do for yourself.
Pm me if you need someone to talk.
  Send a message via MSN to Beautiful_mind Send a message via Yahoo to Beautiful_mind  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
**Theresa** Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: my abuse. - October 11th 2009, 03:37 PM

Hi it isnt your fault, Like jen said but you do need help and it may seem scary at first but it will help you in the long run and you will not have to go through it anymore and you dont need to call the police you could tell an adult that you trust and he will still get introuble but that is what he gets for hurting you and he shouldnt be doing that, no one should hurt you.

If you need to talk PM me anytime
Theresa

Closed Thread