TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
FriendZoneMayor Offline
My lovelife is the Hokey-Pokey
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Summer/Shawn

Exclamation molested??? - October 22nd 2009, 10:17 PM

Last night I was hanging out with some friends in my friends basement, and I was sitting between my guy friend, and the guy I really like. The guy I like knows exactly what to do to turn me on, and he told my friend, so he started touching me all over. He kept squeezing my legs and sticking his hands on and around my private area even after I told him to knock it off. I couldn't get up and move cause he was sitting on my arms and pulling my hair. He never went under my clothes, but I still felt really violated and now I'm kinda freaking out and my mind freaks every time I see him. Was I molested?

“I can only hope that they’ll turn that anger and frustration and madness into something positive, so that two, three, four, five hundred will step forward, so the gay doctors will come out, the gay lawyers, the gay judges, gay bankers, gay architects … I hope that every professional gay will say ‘enough’, come forward and tell everybody, wear a sign, let the world know. Maybe that will help.” Harvey Milk, 1978

http://amanoutofyou.tumblr.com

(#2 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: molested??? - October 22nd 2009, 11:33 PM

I'm sorry this happened to you. I really am. And unfortenatley because you told him to stop I think it is molestation but I'm not possitive.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
FriendZoneMayor Offline
My lovelife is the Hokey-Pokey
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Summer/Shawn

Re: molested??? - October 23rd 2009, 12:02 AM

I'm like freaking out because he's one of my friends and I don't know what to do. I don't want him to get in trouble but I don't want him to think it's okay to do that to me. I'm freaking out right now and holding back tears...

“I can only hope that they’ll turn that anger and frustration and madness into something positive, so that two, three, four, five hundred will step forward, so the gay doctors will come out, the gay lawyers, the gay judges, gay bankers, gay architects … I hope that every professional gay will say ‘enough’, come forward and tell everybody, wear a sign, let the world know. Maybe that will help.” Harvey Milk, 1978

http://amanoutofyou.tumblr.com

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Through-Glass Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: Jessi

Re: molested??? - October 23rd 2009, 01:30 AM

Hey there,

No matter what you call it, what your friend did to you was not okay at all. If you told him to stop and he kept going, that is unacceptable. You are entirely justified in feeling violated and hurt by this.

I understand that you do not want to get your friend in trouble. I do think, however, that you should consider whether or not it is in your best interests to remain friends with him. Can you ever feel safe around him after this?

I also think it would be helpful if you talked to someone about what happened. Sometimes, just having someone to listen can help heal the wounds. A good friend, a family member, or a teacher could help you understand and cope with the emotions you are feeling. Anyone you can trust will work, just find someone who you can confide in.

Take care, and stay strong. If you'd ever like to talk, my PM box is always open.

[/url]
"For the first time
in a long time,
I can say that I wanna try.
I feel helpless for the most part,
but I'm learning to open my eyes.
And the sad truth of the matter is,
I'll never get over it,
but I'm gonna try
to get better and overcome each moment
in my own way"

Motion City Soundtrack, "Even If It Kills Me"
  Send a message via Yahoo to Through-Glass  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Emily. Offline
taste the sky
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: molested??? - October 23rd 2009, 03:22 AM

Hey there hun. I'm really glad you decided to reach out here. What happened to you was wrong and I'm sorry you had your trust betrayed like that. No one has a right to touch you in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable especially since you said no. I hope you know that what happened was not your fault.

I do think you should consider telling someone what happened though. Maybe try talking to your mom about it or a teacher/counselor at school or any adult you trust? You deserve support through all of this and you don't need to protect him. A real friend would never do that to you.

Counseling might also help hun. The anxiety you're feeling is completely normal after something like this, but I know it's not a fun thing. A therapist could help you work through those feelings and help you find coping methods that work for you.

If you don't want to talk to someone at least keep yourself safe and stay away from him. He is not a good friend.

I hope you're doing okay right now. Please PM if you need anything and keep yourself safe.
<3 Emily

"Sometimes it's a struggle to be not who you want to be, not who you used to be, not who you're going to be,
but just being right where you are, who you are"

Closed Thread