TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

my dad agian.. - December 23rd 2009, 09:43 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

sorry i seem to make alot of these about my dad. but last night he was yelling at me and threatening at me, and then said 'do you want me to get mad at you because you know what happens when i get mad at you' last night it was like he was admitting to me that he knows he is doing it and that he knows that he does get mad. agian he had been drinking, im dreading christmas and boxing day and the days afterwards as he will be home and drinking more and more and more. last night he pretty much admitted to me he knows he gets mad. why wont he do something about it get anger management help ect ? its been bugging me since last night when he said 'do you want me to get mad at you because you know what happens when i get mad at you '. is it just me or does that sound like he admitting to something when he said that last night to me. im so confussed because on sunday he hugged me and now hes threatening to beat me agian ? im confused.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Re: my dad agian.. - December 23rd 2009, 09:47 AM

*Hug*
I went through the same kind of thing. The way I coped with it was to learn to hate him, and love myself. By distancing myself emotionally, I saved my emotional pain. The physical pain couldn't be helped at the time. The way it ended is my friend rung social services. He still threatened me after that, but only ever hurt me twice more over two years.

All I can say is if you don't want to go to social services, which I'm guessing you don't because you would have by now, just, keep your head down, stay strong, love yourself, and remember this will be over now.

I've got a job now and will hopefully be moving out in the spring if everything works out as planned.
There is light at the end of the tunnel, I promise you.
Good luck love.

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: my dad agian.. - December 23rd 2009, 10:25 AM

its not so much i dont want to go social i would but i know they cant help me, and at the same time i dont want to go to them. they wont help me because they can't ive had social services invovled twice before and both times they failled me, left me in my home, did'nt care. theres no point in going to them for them to only fail me agian.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Re: my dad agian.. - December 23rd 2009, 05:01 PM

Thats true, social services fucked me over in the end, I almost got out but that was because a close friend of mine who's like, 40 said she would happily adopt me so they didn't have to go through the trouble of finding an adoptive mother or something.

However, once that all went down the pan, my dad still had more respect over me because he realized how close it was, and if he ever hurt me again and I could show evidence, I would get removed no questions asked.

Are you really 19? Perhaps looking at university as a way out? Or like I'm doing, working to collect funds and moving out.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: my dad agian.. - December 24th 2009, 08:05 AM

i want to move out but i am staying at home so i can protect my sisters. i am working but its low pay, i have a saving account but there is not enough in it for me to live on my own.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Re: my dad agian.. - December 24th 2009, 08:47 AM

How old are your sisters? I've never had siblings so I can't really relate to that aspect of it, but all I know is knowing I'll be moving out soon just feels amazing, and you need to remove yourself from this destructive situation asap.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: my dad agian.. - December 24th 2009, 02:26 PM

my sisters are 17 and 13 one will be going to university at the end of this school year, so then i will only have one sister to worry about.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
CherriesBlossom Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Katie

Re: my dad agian.. - December 27th 2009, 03:53 AM

I honestly think maybe he isn't motivated to go and get help maybe he really needs a push from someone/you. I mean if he is an alcoholic then the addiction is stronger then his want to know get angry and hit you. It's horrible and I hope you don't feel like you aren't good enough to quit over, its just honestly once you are hooked it feeds his mind with a feeling of contentness where he can stop himself. Maybe you can try and reach an anger management program or a therapist to try and help him.

Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.

Send a message via AIM to CherriesBlossom  
Closed Thread