TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
123456789 Offline
Not a n00b

my best friend - January 11th 2010, 03:58 AM

Okay so my freind my best friend gave me her password so that i can write on her profile but i went through her messages and read one that said she was raped and she hasnt told anybody but her friend steven her dad raped her her dad is horrible oto her
She told me that the other day he picked her up from her house and they went to a hotel and she said that he did crack infront of her. She said he was so stoned he ocouldnt look straight. She said when she was abou to fall asleep she woke up to her dad puting a needle in her arm injecting her with craxk. She said she remember runing into the bathrom and txting steven but after that she doesnt remmber anything. Im so frustrated that she wont tell me. She is getting a lil better but im worried about her. I care about her so much i hate to se her in this situation. I suggested tell ing her parents but she said the last time she tried telling her mom about something that happend her dad pulled her arms out of her sockets.
im so afraid for her. What do i do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: my best friend - January 11th 2010, 04:02 AM

Have you considered calling the police or your local authorities? Nobody should have to live through what your friend is being put through.
You could also tell a teacher at school, and they'll know what to do. You could also tell your doctor, pretty much any adult you trust is a good place to start. The important thing is to not keep this to yourself, your friend needs help and you won't be helping her at all by keeping this a secret.
Even if she's afraid or doesn't want you to tell anybody, I would still do it.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
123456789 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: my best friend - January 11th 2010, 04:05 AM

but idont wan her to hate me if i tell and what if i tell and it only gets worse

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: my best friend - January 11th 2010, 04:14 AM

How would the situation get worse if you tell? If you tell an adult then she'll be separated from her dad, and he won't be able to do anything to her. Even if she hated you for awhile after, wouldn't you rather that your friend hated you for a bit but didn't have to live in fear of her dad anymore?

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
Hello :D
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: my best friend - January 11th 2010, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFin View Post
How would the situation get worse if you tell? If you tell an adult then she'll be separated from her dad, and he won't be able to do anything to her. Even if she hated you for awhile after, wouldn't you rather that your friend hated you for a bit but didn't have to live in fear of her dad anymore?
I definitely agree, you should tell someone because then she will be separated from her dad. She is in a potentially dangerous situation, it would be better if she was separated. And im sure she does want help!! She may be mad at the start, but she will thank you after awhile you could have saved her life!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Jackie Offline
World Explorer
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: my best friend - January 11th 2010, 06:01 AM

It's better to say something, tell her what happened and that you are there for her. Support her, she probably needs a friend there. Give her the moral to be able to go to the authorities. Nobody should ever go through an abusive situation especially when there are people that can help. If you care about her well being, help her out and tell her to tell more people about what's going on.

ARTE

(#7 (permalink)) Old
123456789 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: my best friend - January 11th 2010, 10:36 PM

but she doesnt live with her dad he lives about 2 hours away but he calls her on the phone and calls her names and tells her she is a cry baby and just this emotional abuse aswell he called her a cunt once and she carved it into her leg because she was convinced it was true

(#8 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: my best friend - January 13th 2010, 05:56 AM

Hey there,

I think that you sound like an awesome and caring friend and I know your friend appreciates having you around. I know that that might be hard to see because your friend has not confided in you but a lot of it might have to do with the fact that she doesn't want to burden you with her problems.

So, if you want her to talk to you just let her know that you love her and you want to be there for her and she could never burden you. It might take her a while to talk to you but in the end it might happen. Sometimes you just have to give people time to accept that talking to people about their issues does not burden them.

Now, I think telling someone would be a great idea. If you are worried about telling a police officer maybe you could talk to your parents about this and see what they have to say? You said that your friend doesn't live with her dad so I am making the assumption that she lives with her mom. If that is the case do you think that you could tell her mom? Maybe call her mom up and just say "Hey, I have some concerns about ______. I have been noticing some things and the other day she gave me the password to her account and I read a message that said her father raped her. " You could also talk about the crack incident as well. It may be a hard thing to do but in the end it might keep your friend safe.

Please hang in there and know that by being there for your friend through all of this you are helping her immensely.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#9 (permalink)) Old
123456789 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: my best friend - January 13th 2010, 11:19 PM

Kaylee says she tries to tell her mom but she says she doesnt car and when her dad goes over there and she doesnt want to go he drags her to the car infront of everyone and nonone does anything about it its like her mom and grandparent dong give a rats ass about what happends to her i just dont get how a mother can let her child go through this it pisses me off so much

(#10 (permalink)) Old
cryingangel Offline
Average Joe

Name: idiot

Re: my best friend - January 14th 2010, 11:43 AM

you have to tell or somehow get her to go with u and tell its the only way for her to be safe

hope everythin works out
pm me if u wanna talk

(#11 (permalink)) Old
123456789 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: my best friend - January 15th 2010, 01:06 AM

i talked to her and she said she was ganna stop useing so im pretty happy i think she can doo it

Closed Thread