TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KittySummer Offline
Kitty
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kitty

Exclamation two years later, i've finally accepted it, how do i move on? - January 18th 2010, 03:37 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm not sure if this will actually trigger anything, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

also, I'm sorry for all of the spelling errors, I just don't want ot read it again.

anyways, what happened to me happened two years ago, when I was 15 years old. I was in a relationship with this boy who was 17 years old [who soon after we started dating turned 18 years old] He'd guilt me into doing things with him, almost every time we'd get together. Sometimes he'd even do things after i'd tell him "no". Which, of course, I still blame myself for, believing that I didn't say it firm enough, that he thought I was kidding... I'd try and break up with him and he'd guilt me into staying with him, threatening suicide every single time, and would harass me with phone calls or texts talking about it.... until i stepped in and took him back to end it. this lasted about four months until my family stepped in.

Anyways, two years later and I've finally accepted [for the most part?] that yes, I was sexually abused by a man who should have known better. And I also know that no, I was not the first. But what happened still haunts me, and I imagine that every man I see or meet, wether it be my pratically-boyfriend or my father, will someday put me through the same thing. I can't even tell my dad I love him most of the time, and I just imagine sometimes doing intimate but not INTIMATE things and I get scared and it makes e sometimes fear being in a relationship with him. I've tried talking about it with my family, and soemtimes they listen, and sometimes they'll just say "oh he's a jerk" and nothing else.

How do I begin moving forward with my life?
  Send a message via AIM to KittySummer  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: two years later, i've finally accepted it, how do i move on? - January 18th 2010, 07:48 AM

kitty.

A lot of times, people go through painful past experiences.. especially when they are with the wrong people. but the wrong people are just that, the wrong people to be with. the right people won't even think of doing stuff like that to you! you have to tell yourself that because its true : the right people have your feelings at heart because of that, you have to forget your past experiences.. but also make sure that the people you know are the right people who you can trust, who won't even dream of putting you through the same experience, over again

I think that' s the best way of moving onward.. meet the right person, and then your memories of pain will be turned into bliss and happiness.... alright?

always remember you can always tell us anything over here. we are always ready to listen

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
KittySummer Offline
Kitty
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kitty

Re: two years later, i've finally accepted it, how do i move on? - January 19th 2010, 01:53 AM

Thanks Darren, you're a big help!! I'm definately trying that, he just makes it complicated. I can't trust people anymore. Thanks, though, I definately needed to hear that!
  Send a message via AIM to KittySummer  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: two years later, i've finally accepted it, how do i move on? - January 19th 2010, 06:46 AM

i think you can overcome all that and definitely learn how to trust people again

remember you always got us!

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: two years later, i've finally accepted it, how do i move on? - January 19th 2010, 11:47 PM

Hey there. I agree 100% with Darren. Just want to add this : don't look at every man like that. You are correct it is better to be safer than sorry but don't look at every man in that way - as a man who just wants to hurt you and take advantage. Many are like that unfortunately, but not your father, as he is your family and he stepped in for you.
So don't worry about your father, just don't look at him as another man who is like the guy who wronged you.

Closed Thread