TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LavenderErin Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: LavenderErin

Unhappy EMBARASSING-Wanting to be a baby? - March 14th 2010, 06:42 AM

I have been through child physical and sexual abuse. Perhaps one day I will tell my story but I cannot right now. I dont know if I can. But, the physical abuse went on from age 4-10. Then the sexual abuse went from age 11-14.
Right now I have another abuser who hurts me emotionally, and it is bringing back old things, dug up from the past. There are a lot of things that it has caused but one thing in particular. When I was little, I stopped being myself. My father and mother had me on such a tight rope where I would get beaten sometimes and not know what I did wrong. So eventually it got to the point I would do near to nothing, without making sure it was okay. I was constantly on the look out.

And now, I am older. But when I talk about my abuse it is as if I were a little girl, it is the only way I can address the problem and actually feel a little relief after. Talking, acting, like a little girl, playing, being treated like a little girl. Is like, something that I find a little theraputic sometimes. Not that I have done this publicly with anyone, but sometimes I remember my abuse and want to feel like a little girl again. I know this sounds completely INSANE, and you probably think that I have some crazy disorder or something, but I just need to know, is there a reason for this?, does anyone else have this?, am I completely insane and belong in a padded room????!

Last edited by Emily.; March 14th 2010 at 07:00 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: EMBARASSING-Wanting to be a baby? - March 14th 2010, 07:45 AM

Hey there,

You are not insane. Often times, those who have been abused want to feel little again, because little feels safe. And that's totally okay. It doesn't make you insane to want to act like a child sometimes, and it can be very therapeutic.Sometimes we have to deal with our inner child, the one who was hurt for so long, and acting little can help that.

I know people who act little sometimes, I do it too. They suck their thumbs, or curl up with a blanket, cuddle with a stuff animal. Sometimes it's easier to talk about it, if you think like a child. Some therapist even encourage it. If you haven't talked to anyone about it, you might want to talk to a counselor or a therapist, they can help you. There is play therapy and experimental therapy that works, and that allows you to be little sometimes, just give it a try.

If you need anything, feel free to pm me.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
rebecca110109 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rebecca

Re: EMBARASSING-Wanting to be a baby? - March 14th 2010, 10:47 AM

hi hun,
you'll be glad to know, what you are doing and going through, is completly normal. i myself went through abuse from the age of 2 till i was 13. it is not easy, i know. but it is comforting and therapeutic to go back tobeing a kid. hence why i work well in childcare. the kids love me and i get great comments and reccomendations from the other staff. so it can be a good thing. you can just look at it in a positive way. you are NOT insane. you are a normal human being. the reason for it is, that you do in some sense lose your childhood. because you spend your childhood, as you mentioned, being on the lookout. you have to grow up quick. keep big adult secrets. handle soo much on your own, etc. hope ive helped in some way.
take care. if you'd like to talk pm me.
xx

(#4 (permalink)) Old
nobody123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: EMBARASSING-Wanting to be a baby? - March 14th 2010, 05:34 PM

you are not alone. I feel as if I could have written your post myself. I am so embarrassed too... my therapist tells me its okay but I still feel crazy.
Sorry I don't have much advice to offer but please know you aren't alone. PM me if you want to talk

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Maiden Offline
Bring It On
Average Joe

Name: Liadan

Re: EMBARASSING-Wanting to be a baby? - March 15th 2010, 08:54 AM

Hey, I feel the same way although I don't know why. I don't remember being abused and I love my parents but I've got these issues- I often act like a child, I dress like one and talk like one a lot, even though I'm almost 20. I like to act young and innocent. I also very easily fall for much older women than myself, and find myself wanting them to look after me and care for me and stuff- it sounds crazy but that's me. I don't know what, if anything, happened to me, but that's just what I do. I don't know why. I'm glad to know that there's other people who are like me too

Ever mind the Rule of Three: Three times what thou givest returns to thee: This lesson well, thou must learn: Thee only gets what thou dost earn.

Closed Thread