TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cassy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cassandra Beechman

Exclamation I'm scared,of my brother, what should I do? - March 31st 2010, 05:45 PM

I don't get along with my brother. It's not like I haven't tried, but it always ends the same. My Brother likes to swear at me and my family and call us all sexist (He's the only boy in the house, my father left years ago.) He always ends up beating me or my 8-year old sister up. I know why he picks on us, she's small and younger, and I have a mental illness that makes me very insecure and vanulrable. I haven't called the police on him yet, because I'm scared that my mum will hate me and kick me out of the house.

Recentley(Last night), My brother got into a really bad mood because we had to clean the house(he did nothing). He tried to fight with my 8-year old sister. My mum went out of the house and sent the little one downstairs with me and my 15 year-old sister. She told us that My Brother was not allowed downstairs, and the little one was not allowed upstairs. As soon as my mum left, what does my brother do? he goes downstairs. He was harrassing us by calling us names. My 15 year-old sister and I told him repeatley to go back upstairs, to which point he said " I don't have to because I'm a boy so I should be in charge!"
After that I was trying to explain to my sister that I was going to finish washing the floor, and then do the dishes (which did not get done because I was so exhausted. I had been cleaning since 5p.m. and it was almost 11 p.m.)
My brother then said that I had better wash the dishes, because it's my job as a woman. I asked him if it was just him that thinks like that, or all guys. He then called me a Sexist. I tried to explain that I am not a sexist, it's just that he's ruining it for all the nice guys out there.
Meanwhile, my 15 year-old sister was trying to clean. She had a broom. Well, my bro got in the way of the broom and it hit him. After that, He was yelling and screaming and swearing at my sister. He was trying to grab the broom from her to hit her repeatley with it.

I already said that He should go upsatirs, because he was going to try to fight, I was going to defend them, He beats the crap out of me, I get in trouble, he gets off scott-free.

Well, I followed my first instinct. I ran into the living room, grabbed the broom from him, gave it back to my sister and pushed in back a bit. I told him that it was an accident, but that he did deserve it.

He really got mad at that point. He punched me in the right side of the head. I'm still very dizzy and my head sill hurts in the area that he punched me.

He ran out of the house after calling me a fucking Bitch. I got out my phone and was just about to call the police, but my sisters were begging me not to.

This isn't the first time I've been in this type of situation, and I usaually either get in trouble or everyone hates me, or both!

I'm scared that the next time he lashes out like that, he might go too far and either kill me, or my little sister or cat.

If anyone has any advice about what to do, please respond! HELP ME!!!

Last edited by Casey.; April 2nd 2010 at 03:15 AM. Reason: Removing prefix to fit with the new guidelines.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
fuzzycosmicears Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Lacy Jay

Re: I'm scared,of my brother, what should I do? - March 31st 2010, 05:59 PM

For one, how old is your brother? And two, has your mother lost her damn mind? I would never let anyone hurt any of my children if I had any. And if she knows it is going on, why does she not stop it? Why would she leave him there with you guys? It is never okay for someone to abuse you mentally or physically. I will say I have been in a situation where they begged me not to call the police. I didn't. To this very day, I regret it. I regret it because that person who hit my sister killed her two years later. Shot her in the head. Then turned the gun on himself. Missed his actually brain. Then shot himself again. I have lost my sister because I did not call to police. I did not get her out of that situation. It appears to me that your mother does not or chooses not to see what is happening. That puts you in charge of your two younger sisters. They look up to you as I believe you know. I do not know your mom, but this is just based on what you said. I never had the greatest mother in world and I was faced to be put in bad situation after bad situation. So I got out of there. I moved in with another one of my sisters. Stayed there for a while. Now I moved back in with my mom. But then moved back out again. It sucks moving, however you cannot put you and your sisters through that. It is not fair to them. I am not saying it is your fault, I am merely saying since you are the oldest and your mother refuses to do anything, it is up to you.If you EVER need to talk to someone at any time PM me. I could even give you my cell that way it is quicker.

KissingInTheRainCouldBeTheCureToCancer/SoTryItEveryChanceYouGet
  Send a message via Yahoo to fuzzycosmicears  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
The Kira Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Melody

Re: I'm scared,of my brother, what should I do? - April 14th 2010, 08:21 AM

P-O-L-I-C-E

Stay forever lovely
  Send a message via AIM to The Kira  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Re: I'm scared,of my brother, what should I do? - April 14th 2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kira View Post
P-O-L-I-C-E

Short as that is, I think you get the general idea. Your brother sounds like he has a mental problem; does he?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm scared,of my brother, what should I do? - April 14th 2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kira View Post
P-O-L-I-C-E
do it. thats what i had to do about my step dad i know it's scary but you will be safe

HIS GIRL FOREVER

(#6 (permalink)) Old
ChapperIce Offline
Average Joe

Re: I'm scared,of my brother, what should I do? - April 19th 2010, 03:17 AM

Call the police. You may be scared, you may get in trouble with your mother, but your brother has the ability to really hurt you and your sisters. what's worse, your family getting badly hurt (or worse) by your brother or you getting in a bit of trouble for calling for help (if that were to happen). Your brother needs a lot of help and it looks like he won't get it if you don't call the police.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Alyssa Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm scared,of my brother, what should I do? - April 19th 2010, 08:13 PM

Your brother comes down and says a bunch of extremely sexist comments. Then he gets pissed off at you for a comment that is only very slightly sexist at the most? Your brother has some serious problems by the sounds of things and if no one else in your family is willing to deal with it then maybe you should. If it was me, I would definitely call the police and explain to them your mother isn't taking care of the problem so you had to call.

Closed Thread