TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
*Alyssa* Offline
Average Joe

Name: Alyssa

Unhappy still trying to cope.... - April 5th 2010, 05:32 PM

back in november, i was raped....i had gone to a party and had one drink. that was it. i must have set it down at some point because i guess someone put something in it. i was raped that night. i woke up naked and alone. and i didnt report it. i didnt tell anyone except two friends. and now i'm still trying to cope. my friends seem to have forgotten about it. they dont talk to me much about it. i guess its because i dont talk about it with them. they dont know that i'm still having trouble coping with it. i dont know how to forget it.
  Send a message via AIM to *Alyssa*  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Eljoria Offline
I'mAlwaysHereHelping. (:
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jade

Re: still trying to cope.... - April 5th 2010, 08:23 PM

Hey honey, I was raped few years ago and I ain't got over it but you should realise that you aren't pregnant or anything and I know it'll take time to get over it, it took me 6 months to over come it but what I did was block out the thoughts in my head and focus on school friends and I suggest you to go to peace place and think things through and block the bad things out.

I'm here if you need me. Just PM me. x
  Send a message via MSN to Eljoria  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Emily. Offline
taste the sky
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: still trying to cope.... - April 6th 2010, 05:20 AM

Hey there Alyssa. I'm sorry you have had to go through this. Sexual assault is such a hard thing to cope with. And I just wanted to say that what happened was not your fault and I hope you aren't blaming yourself for any of it.

I'm really glad that you were able to talk to some of your friends about it though. That can be really hard and I'm proud of you for being able to open up. I think the best thing you can do for yourself is to keep talking about it. Pushing it down and burying it may help for awhile, but I truly think that in the long run it just makes things harder to deal with. Seeing a counselor or therapist could really help you too. They are trained to help people work through these sort of things and you really do deserve that support. Also, I don't know what your relationship is like with your parents, but you might try talking to them. It's so much easier to heal when you have a lot of support behind you and I'm sure your family would want to be there for you.

And remember that everyone heals at their own pace. What one person can put behind them in a few months, takes other people years. Give yourself time and keep talking.

I hope you're doing okay right now. You can PM me anytime if you want to talk.
<3 Emily

"Sometimes it's a struggle to be not who you want to be, not who you used to be, not who you're going to be,
but just being right where you are, who you are"

Closed Thread