TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ineedhelp555 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation I need help with parents. - April 13th 2010, 03:25 AM

I need some serious help with my parents, especially my mom. Now I have not been receiving the straight A's that i should be having and my mom is pretty pissed. She is making me meet with all my teachers and in the past has beaten me for getting B's. Now she has recently found my grades and I am afraid the beating will come. I need some serious advice here. I know alerting child services or something is overreacting because nowadays they put little red flags up for everything. But I need some help dealing with the beatings. My mom has beaten me and my brother before, going so far as using a belt, a text book, and a thin plastic pole on my brother. My dad is against all of this, he even confronted my mother last time, but he is never home. Is there any safe way to get through this without ruining my family?

Thanks for reading.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ginny Weasley Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Savannah

Re: I need help with parents. - April 13th 2010, 03:56 AM

This is not right,are you ok?
Maybe you could go wherever your dad goes? Or stay at friends house,or join an after school sport? The CPS tries to keep families together,they could make your family go to counseling.How old are you and your brother? Why does your mom hurt you,exactly,if you don't mind me asking? Only grades,or other stuff too? My mom hurts me ,mostly with words. I know how yu feel. Talk to me any time,PM me if i'm on,ok?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Emily. Offline
taste the sky
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: I need help with parents. - April 13th 2010, 03:57 AM

Hey there.

You should definitely not have to go through this type of abuse from your mom. No one deserves to be beaten for any reason. I really think you should talk to your dad about this. He should be protecting you. You could even tell him that if he wont talk to your mom and make it stop that you will contact social services. Because you don't deserve this.

If he wont intervene, I do think you should talk to another adult that will help you. Maybe a teacher or school counselor? They will most likely have to report it, but social services is really just there to help. Maybe all your mom needs is a wake-up call that what she is doing isn't right. CPS can also mandate therapy etc.

Don't be afraid to reach out for help.
<3 Emily

"Sometimes it's a struggle to be not who you want to be, not who you used to be, not who you're going to be,
but just being right where you are, who you are"

(#4 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I need help with parents. - April 13th 2010, 03:58 AM

Firstly, do not feel responsible for breaking up your family because what is happening is not your fault in any way. Your mother is well off her rocker and is an obvious threat to you, so much so that you are afraid of her. Alerting CPS is not overreacting, your situation is exactly why it exists. Call them. For your own sake, and your brother's. If anything, the sibling bond will be stronger.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
Closed Thread