TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

sexual harassment, depression - June 14th 2010, 05:07 AM

These twin girls used to touch me and basically harass me when I was three until 7, could that have made me depressed? It doesn't seem too bad to me, though, because they were slightly older and tricked me into it.
If need be, you can move the thread to the depression ones.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eljoria Offline
I'mAlwaysHereHelping. (:
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jade

Re: sexual harassment, depression - June 14th 2010, 10:35 AM

Wow I understand darling, it can lead to depression if it is looked that way. Try seeking for professional help.

Jay

Live the life.
  Send a message via MSN to Eljoria  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Em... Offline
smile; it looks good on you.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: E

Re: sexual harassment, depression - June 14th 2010, 03:19 PM

Hey Mitch,

I'm so sorry that you were taken advantage of when you were younger. What happened was not fair to you and i'm sorry that they coaxed you into doing something like that.

Trauma's in early life can really hurt someone when they are older. Childhood trauma's such as what you have been through can lead to depression in later years, sometimes it's cause to something else.

However, whatever the problem, depression is hard to live with and can lead to suicide in the worse cases. The best thing for you to do is to consult your doctor. Tell them what is going on. Sometimes you'll be able to know why you have depression after talking with a therapist, so perhaps that's the route you should take.

Mitch, I can understand how sexual assault at such a vulnerable age and hurt in many ways. They were wrong for what they did and i'm sorry you were a victum. the best thing to do though is talk about it and go to your doctor. If this is something that's really bothering you and making you feel depressed it's something worth getting help for.

I hope this helped a bit Mitch. I can sympathise with you on many levels. Please don't hesitate to PM me anytime if you want to talk. Take care love.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Re: sexual harassment, depression - June 14th 2010, 10:40 PM

they were only one year older, though. I'm not exactly sure if its that bad, Im mostly just looking for an answer to my depression and my personality (which is kind of shy). Like, was I depressed since I was little? All I did was play video games and get clingy with my mom after that.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Em... Offline
smile; it looks good on you.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: E

Re: sexual harassment, depression - June 15th 2010, 12:08 AM

Like I've said, there could be many reasons for your depression. Perhaps it's from the sexual harrasment, or from the games and getting more close to your mum, it could also be genetic. Your best bet would to be to talk to a therapist of a psychologist to get a clearer more defined answer to your question.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Re: sexual harassment, depression - June 15th 2010, 03:46 AM

Well, I dont cling to my mom anymore, and theres nothing genetic going on, I dont think.If I could, I'd go to a therapist, but I want someone thats free and anonymous to my family. Does that kind exist?

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Pandamonium Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Steph

Re: sexual harassment, depression - June 15th 2010, 03:50 AM

If you're in school, the closest thing you could get would be your school counselor or psychology. As a warning though, if they have any reason to believe something you tell them will harm you or another person, they are obligated to tell your parents if you are under 18. Don't let this deter you from going, since they can be extremely helpful in dealing with depression.

Depression has so many possible causes, varying from genetics to an emotional situation in your life. Even seeing your general doctor can help you figure out what's behind how you're feeling.
  Send a message via MSN to Pandamonium  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Re: sexual harassment, depression - June 15th 2010, 04:22 AM

I go to to a Catholic school in the middle of the ghetto. We dont have the money for a counselor. Schools done anyway. Thanks for trying, though.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Emily. Offline
taste the sky
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: sexual harassment, depression - June 15th 2010, 04:12 PM

Hey there,

I know depression can be a really rough thing to get through on your own and I'm sorry you are having to deal with it. There could be many different things that contribute to a person's depression, but the important part is to recognize it's an illness and not your fault and to get help for it. You really deserve to have support.

As the above posts have said talking to your parents or your family doctor are both really good places to start. A general practitioner will even prescribe anti-depressants if they think that's what you need.

Another option could be to talk to someone from your school. I went to a Catholic school, also and the first person I ever told about my depression, etc. was a priest that taught my religion class. Would you be comfortable talking to someone like that? And it's nice because, as a priest, they have to keep the whole confidentiality thing, too.

And just because schools out, doesn't mean your teachers, etc. stopped caring about their students. If there is a teacher or counselor there that you would be comfortable talking to, you can call your school office and have them leave a message for that person to get back to you.

I hope you're doing okay right now. Please reach out for help. No one should have to go through this alone. And you can PM me anytime if you want to talk.
<3 Emily

"Sometimes it's a struggle to be not who you want to be, not who you used to be, not who you're going to be,
but just being right where you are, who you are"

(#10 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Re: sexual harassment, depression - June 15th 2010, 04:32 PM

your right, I should talk to the priest. Im not sure if he likes me very much though. If thats the case, should I talk to the deacon instead?

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Emily. Offline
taste the sky
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: sexual harassment, depression - June 15th 2010, 04:54 PM

Either one would be a good person to talk to. I don't think a deacon has to keep confidentiality, though. That doesn't mean they wont, they just aren't bound by those laws. Just so you are aware.

"Sometimes it's a struggle to be not who you want to be, not who you used to be, not who you're going to be,
but just being right where you are, who you are"

Closed Thread