TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Muse

Step-dad - June 15th 2010, 04:14 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My step dad came to the house last night...he...attacked me.
I'm so scared. cant even type properly. just feel so alone

"Friends are like stars; you don't always see them but you know they are always there"

"It gives me hope. I love you so much. You give me a reason to breathe. Its something for me to not kill myself for" >>> means so much :')

Paramore! <3
Pm me anytime, I like to help!

Last edited by Emily.; June 15th 2010 at 09:06 PM. Reason: changed prefix
  Send a message via MSN to Nomophobia  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
sarahelizaabeth Offline
waiting for the day..(:
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sarah

Re: Step-dad - June 15th 2010, 07:47 PM

Tell your mom or someone you trust to put him away. If you need to talk, feel free to pm me. I'm here.

"Beneath the makeup and behind the smile I am just a girl who wishes for the world."

Send a message via MSN to sarahelizaabeth  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Emily. Offline
taste the sky
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: Step-dad - June 15th 2010, 09:06 PM

Hey Georgia,

I know we talked earlier, but I just wanted to tell you I'm here for you if you need anything. Please reach out for help and report your step-dad. What he did was wrong and he shouldn't be allowed to just walk away without any consequences.

I hope you're doing okay right now please pm me if you need anything.
<3 Emily

"Sometimes it's a struggle to be not who you want to be, not who you used to be, not who you're going to be,
but just being right where you are, who you are"

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Steph-O
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stephanie

Re: Step-dad - June 16th 2010, 05:45 AM

Go get help, please.

Like a diet of the mind, I just choose not to indulge certain appetites; like my appetite for patterns; perhaps my appetite to imagine and to dream. - A Beautiful Mind

I met Steven October 3rd, 2008. We've been practically inseperable ever since. ♥
  Send a message via AIM to darkinnocenteyes Send a message via Skype™ to darkinnocenteyes 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: Step-dad - June 16th 2010, 05:48 AM

You have to tell someone. Its unacceptable that your stepdad would do that.You should definetely call the cops. And I may have given you advice before, and you said you followed it. If you need emotional support, you should talk to a priest. You could always talk to me too, but Im only on at around 1 our time. thats probably about ten in the uk.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Step-dad - June 16th 2010, 09:01 AM

Thankyou...I cant report it because then my mum would find out and go ballistic!
I would talk to my Pastor at church but I don't really want people knowing because im ashamed...
I have told a couple of close friends. Thank you so much Emily, I will PM you.
Its a very complicated story but this man has abused me in the past...he doesn't live with us anymore..but he did for 5 years and abused me all the time. What he did on monday was like all the abuse i suffered as a child in one sitting. it was horrendous! xxxxx
xxxxxx

"Friends are like stars; you don't always see them but you know they are always there"

"It gives me hope. I love you so much. You give me a reason to breathe. Its something for me to not kill myself for" >>> means so much :')

Paramore! <3
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount31

Edit avatar

Re: Step-dad - June 16th 2010, 11:25 PM

Georgia-louise, this is not something you need to be ashamed of. What your step-dad did to you was wrong and not your fault at all! I really, really encourage you to tell someone. You don't deserve that kind of treatment.

I'm also here if you ever want to talk!

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Step-dad - June 17th 2010, 08:41 AM

Thank you

He is now sending abusive emails to my mum and we found out that he hit my brother a while back whilst he was on a contact with him. :@
I just hate the court system here, because of the fathers rights crap he can get away with it and they wont listen to us...we all warned them this would happen!!! :@ :@ :@

I cant help but be ashamed, becuase I feel like it shouldnt have happened, i shouldnt have let him. He may come round again this friday because he is ordering another contact to take place...so scared!!!!

Paramore! <3
Closed Thread