TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Muse

Unhappy lost for words... - June 29th 2010, 08:48 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I don't know where to start!
You may have seen my other threads about my ex bf causing me problems...well he has reached the jackpot today. I guess its termed sexual assault! He came to my house and forced himself upon me. No rape thankfully, but he fingered me..to the point where he made me bleed and he did other stuff too...

this has left me feeling so hurt, violated and dirty that I just dont know what to do with myself! I'm also still very sore cos of him. i really need support at the moment, and my friends round me!

My question for you guys is..I know I need to report him, and i'm ery scared but planning on going to the police with my CPN tomorrow morning...but my mum has advised me not to?! Of course this has made my head spinning thoughts and decision ever worse! HELP!!!

"Friends are like stars; you don't always see them but you know they are always there"

"It gives me hope. I love you so much. You give me a reason to breathe. Its something for me to not kill myself for" >>> means so much :')

Paramore! <3
Pm me anytime, I like to help!

Last edited by Emily.; June 30th 2010 at 02:00 AM. Reason: changed prefix to fit guidelines
  Send a message via MSN to Nomophobia  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DarkSeph Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Liam

Re: lost for words... - June 30th 2010, 05:27 AM

Definitely go to the police, no doubt at all. I have no idea whatsoever why your mother would advise not to, but sometimes parents can do that out of fear the police will judge them for not keeping you safe or something. But please do report it. If not only for yourself, then for any other girls he might potentially do the same thing to (or worse) in the future.

The most important thing in a situation like this is do not blame yourself in any way. A lot of people do, but I can't stress enough how much it isn't your fault, you didn't deserve that at all. And believe in yourself, because you're truly a brave and strong person for making the decision to go to the police, you should be extremely proud of yourself for that. I know you're scared but stick with your decision and hang in there.

I'm truly sorry you had to go through something like that. If it helps at all I'm here if you ever need support or anyone to talk to. Stay strong and I hope it works out ok.

Currently inactive...
  Send a message via MSN to DarkSeph  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Re: lost for words... - June 30th 2010, 04:57 PM

Thanks Liam,
I went to the police this morning but they were closed! :0
So my CPN rang them off record and they said that they would have to arrest him and do full report..including examine me!!
even the officer said its a very big thing to do and u have to be strong and brave to od it. I dont know if I am strong enough tho! We have looked at all the pros and cons and im still not sure what to do! Any advice is greatly needed! As it stands atm, my cpn is taking me to police station in the morning. im so scared!!! what do i do?!

He has really done damage emotionally....i couldnt go in my room last night without shaking and panicking! hardly slept!!

what would u do in my position? HELP PLEASE!!!!!

"Friends are like stars; you don't always see them but you know they are always there"

"It gives me hope. I love you so much. You give me a reason to breathe. Its something for me to not kill myself for" >>> means so much :')

Paramore! <3
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: lost for words... - June 30th 2010, 11:21 PM

I think you are doing the right thing by going to the police, Georgia. Guys like this get away with stuff and do it to other girls because nobody stands up and tells them that what they did was wrong. Even if they can't find enough evidence to convict him, at least he won't be coming anywhere near you again because he'll know that you're strong enough to take him to the police.

Is there any reason why you don't want to do it?

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
BabyIndia Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: India

Re: lost for words... - June 30th 2010, 11:25 PM

I've been there, done that and got the tee shirt :/
I'm not going to lie to you, it isnt easy, but trust me, knowing he is getting into trouble, and wont be able to harm you or any other person it makes you feel better about doing it.

You've got to understand it wasn't your fault, and if you don't report him, you will probably regret it later on.

I'm here if you would like to talk.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Re: lost for words... - July 1st 2010, 05:31 PM

Thank you for replying.
I already do blame myself.
I have decided I'm not doing it for now...because my mum had a huge go at me last night about it for one, and because she made good points.
I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't...

My CPN told me to tell him all the facts, to scare him and show him he is in very hot water.
I got a message not long ago from his girlfriend...my very close mate..saying she is staying with him...

Paramore! <3
Closed Thread