TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
XCharlieX Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Random guy attacks me? - August 8th 2010, 03:08 PM

Okay, so here goes...
I was on holiday in a foreign country, and it was the last day of my holiday, so I decided to go for a walk by myself in the local park. It was broad daylight and I was walking in this empty but not completely deserted area, a wide grassy path. I realised I had come the wrong way so I turned around to head back and there was this big middle-aged guy walking along the path. I moved aside to let him pass, but he stopped in front of me and said something in a foreign language and grabbed me and dragged me into a bush. I struggled really hard to try and get away but he was really big, so I tried screaming but nobody came, and he just threatened to hit me so I stopped... Then he pinned me to the ground and was touching me and licking me and trying to pull my clothes off. He didn't rape me but did other stuff... Eventually when he was finished he just let me go and stared at me as I ran off.
I haven't told anyone about this because I don't want to freak them out. I just want to forget about it, but I find myself thinking about it all the time. It was really scary and I felt so powerless, I hope it doesn't happen again... It makes me really sick that someone would do this, and also get away with it. I want to report him but I have absolutely no idea who he is. I think he was drunk but that is still no excuse.
I just really wanted to post this anonymously, and also see if something like this has happened to anyone else?
//C

Edit: Does it only count as rape if it's, you know, with a penis? Or does fingering count too? Sorry weird question...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Helen... Offline
Hold On...
Average Joe

Name: Helen

Re: Random guy attacks me? - August 8th 2010, 03:54 PM

Hey Charlie.
What you've been through is disgusting and you should definitely report it to the police.
There is absolutely no call for this and you shouldn't have had to suffer whether he was drunk or not.
Just explain what you can remember to the authority. They're designed to help in situations like this and they'll do whatever they can to catch whoever it was.

I hope you're okay. Stay strong and take good care of yourself.
If you ever find yourself struggling don't hesitate to get in contact with any one of the wonderful people on this 'site.
- Helen. x

I'm medicated, how are you?

"Nothing's perfect but it has to be someday..."
-
Craig Owens

www.operationbeautiful.com <3

PM/VM me whenever

(#3 (permalink)) Old
XCharlieX Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Random guy attacks me? - August 8th 2010, 06:29 PM

Helen,
Thank you for the advice and support, you've really cheered me up.
Unfortunately I'm not in that country anymore so I don't know if there is anything I can do... Hopefully it was just a one off and he won't do it again to some other innocent teenager out for a walk.
I will definitely use your advice in the future (Although hopefully I won't need to...)
Thanks again!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Amanda-Marie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Random guy attacks me? - August 12th 2010, 03:03 AM

Hey Charlie if you need someone to talk to at any time i understand so you can talk to me cuz i know what ur going through

(#5 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Random guy attacks me? - August 12th 2010, 03:23 AM

I recommend that you should still contact the authorities of that country and inform them about what happened, it is still considered sexual assault and here in the US can qualify for a long sentence and registration as a sex offender. If you can describe the guy for them they would know to look out for him.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: Random guy attacks me? - August 13th 2010, 05:06 PM

Hey Charlie,

Even though you are not in the country, you can still call the authorities of that country and report that man. I'm sorry that happened to you. Stay strong. If you ever need anything, PM me.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
Closed Thread