TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
astrogirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

first post, and scared - September 24th 2010, 04:56 AM

So basically this is my first post on here. Anyways....
2 years ago I was sexually assaulted by my boyfriend, and he tried to rape me...anyways, so it happened again with another guy a few months ago. I thought i'd pretty much accepted both...But now i'm getting these intense flashbacks of the events...and intense feelings of guilt and feeling like it's my fault etc. I hate it....I don' tknow how to stop it, and am scared about it, as i also struggle with an eating disorder, and it's making my ed worse. does anyone have any tips on helping to keep myself grounded and stop these flashbacks from happening? or at least not so bad? Thanks...And i'm sorry to post, i just needed to admit it to someone, no one else understands :/

(#2 (permalink)) Old
LoveFever Offline
:o
Average Joe

Name: Sam

Re: first post, and scared - September 24th 2010, 08:02 AM

I understand completely.
I know you probably don't want to hear this, but you should really go see a therapist or counselor.
But for right now, I'll try my best to help (:
First of all, nothing that happened to you was your fault. Things like this happen to amazing people. You have absolutely nothing to feel guilty about. Those guys are the ones who should be feeling guilty, for making you feel so bad and hurting you.
You are beautiful, I'm sure. But I know your ED is probably about more than simply not feeling beautiful.
Try to take little steps. Flashbacks suck, but they are normal for your situation. What helps for me is to take slow, deep breaths. It may sound too simple, but it really helps me get through flashbacks and feeling bad.
Everything you've been through will only make you a stronger, more beautiful person in the end. Just remember, people who love you are ALWAYS willing to help you.
And welcome to TeenHelp (:
<3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
luvflamingos Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mary

Re: first post, and scared - September 24th 2010, 06:33 PM

Don't be sorry for posting, or feeling guilty or thinking its your fault. It is not your fault at all. Unfortunately, the flashbacks may be around for a long time. I have had mine for years now. Is there someone who you trust that you can talk to? Do you have access to a therapist? I wish you all the best. I know you're dealing with alot right now. Peace and love, Mary

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Amanda-Marie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: first post, and scared - September 26th 2010, 02:00 AM

Hey, *hugs* sweetheart its ok other people do understand, im in a very similar situation to you. I know this sounds very hard but you do need to tell someone like a close family member or a good friend who can help you. Talking about it can be hard but will ease up a little on the stress and lessen the ed problems. Flashbacks i cant give a huge amount of advice on that bc im still there too...*hug* but im here for you if you ever need someone on here to talk to, you can feel free to pm me any time<3 ps. dont feel guilty you shouldn't its not your fault in any way and there is nothing you could do to make it your fault. Hopefully you know enough to stay away from both of those guys and not to go back to them or find guys like them...anyways i wish you the best of luck

(#5 (permalink)) Old
JesusFreak Offline
Not a n00b

Re: first post, and scared - September 28th 2010, 01:50 AM

first of all and this may sound mean dont u dare apologize for a post i always apologize and it pisses me off that thats what my family has done to me. Anyways i know what ur going through sweetheart... abuse is a regular part of my life... im trying to breathe... anyways (Again) i think u need to leave the now abusive bf u dont need him. u have all of us. and u dont need a boy anyway. ur beatiful without some guy telling u the same or diff. i dont know how to stop the flashbacks all i know is try to surround urself with good and there is no room for bad

Closed Thread